(Spoilers be warned!) Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - Preview Thread

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1704382331537.png

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth[a] is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio and published by Sega for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. It is the ninth mainline entry of the Like a Dragon series, and a direct sequel to Yakuza: Like a Dragon (2020) and the spin-off title Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (2023).

"Even after just five hours with a preview build of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, it became clear to me that Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (RGG) has iterated on almost everything that made the original Yakuza: Like a Dragon so remarkable, all while preserving the charm, whimsy and soulfulness at the series’ heart. A Japanese role-playing game (JRPG) wearing the skin of a third-person crime-based action game, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth revels in its absurdity, inviting you into its madcap yet emotional world with a smile and a wink".

"The showstopper of my hands-on preview of Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth was a boss battle with a shark, so the series which has historically made me fistfight tigers, bears, and an excavator is not getting any less bombastic. It's also not getting any smaller, developer RGG said, and during the hands-on preview session I was allowed to spend several hours exploring Honolulu City, a map bigger than Kamurocho, Sotenbori, or Yokohama have ever been. The goofballs quests and heart-wrenching main story haven't changed here, I'm glad to see, so while Like A Dragon: Infinite wealth is definitely 'just' more Yakuza, it's a lot more Yakuza".

From fighting an enormous shark to constructing my own island, Animal Crossing-style, every minute of my hands-on preview took me on a whirlwind journey through the sequel’s multiple settings. It’s melodramatic, it’s completely absurd, and it might make you cry. That’s the Like a Dragon way.

With the chance to refine its turn-based combat system, introduce another new location, and tell two connected stories at once, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth feels like the most ambitious entry yet — and playing for roughly four hours proves it. There's more to see and do than ever before, improved fights, and the wild and wacky side of the series in abundance to match the serious tones of Kiryu's potentially final tale. No matter how it ends, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is shaping up to be an essential experience for anyone with even a passing interest in the franchise. This is the biggest and most important one for some time.

"with how RGG is building up on its foundations and expanding in really surprising, emotional ways, I’m optimistic. There are some high hopes for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, and the massive RPG sequel is swinging for the fences. It makes me fear for the amount of hours I’ll need to put into it, but at the very least, Infinite Wealth seems like it’s going to make the most of those hours".

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Do you know I haven't played one Yakuza game except for a demo i played for a few minutes!
Bruh you gotta check out 0, once you play that one, you'll be hooked and want to play every game in the series. Some of the best story telling ever and the combat is really fun, classic beat em up feel

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bruh you gotta check out 0, once you play that one, you'll be hooked and want to play every game in the series. Some of the best story telling ever and the combat is really fun, classic beat em up feel
I Def will.

• Shake
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Think I'm going to start with this new one. Looks good and previewers are liking it.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Think I'm going to start with this new one. Looks good and previewers are liking it.
No...please don't bro, you can't start with the new one. That's like starting God of War with Ragnarok! You won't understand anything or who any of the characters are, you gotta start from 0 or you'll be completely lost.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No...please don't bro, you can't start with the new one. That's like starting God of War with Ragnarok! You won't understand anything or who any of the characters are, you gotta start from 0 or you'll be completely lost.
Luckily story in games aren't a big draw fur me 😂 but ight I'll start with one of the PS4 ones soon.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Luckily story in games aren't a big draw fur me 😂 but ight I'll start with one of the PS4 ones soon.
no wonder you like Souls games 😂 I'm the opposite, story is very big for me. You should start with 0, it has the best combat except for Gaiden

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
no wonder you like Souls games 😂 I'm the opposite, story is very big for me. You should start with 0, it has the best combat except for Gaiden
Lol nah Souls games have deep lore and I've read all the stuff created by fans piecing it together. I love high fantasy and in Souls I pay attention to the lore and in some other horror games but combat trumps all for me. I also tend to skip most cutscenes in games and hated Witcher 3 number 1 due to its trash as combat and 2 due to all its damn dialog!