Stalker 2 delayed to November 20th

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
The shooter's delay is, quite simply, down to bugs. "We know you might be tired of waiting, and we truly appreciate your patience," Yevhen Grygorovych, game director at GSC Game World, says in a statement. "These additional two months will give us the chance to fix more 'unexpected anomalies,'" Grygorovych continues, adding that said "anomalies" are simply bugs.

However, there's good news today for patient Stalker 2 fans. On August 12, a deep-dive into Heart of Chornobyl will debut in collaboration with Xbox, featuring in-depth interviews with GSC Game World developers, new gameplay including fresh locations and cutscenes, and even a full gameplay walkthrough of one of Stalker 2's main quests.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
:(

This game looks so good, don’t mind waiting a couple more months. This will be the first game I play on Series X…. Almost a year after I bought it
Xbox scum bag, get him, guys!

On a serious note, did you play the original Stalker?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbox scum bag, get him, guys!

On a serious note, did you play the original Stalker?
Yes, it’s a cult classic for a reason. Top tier survival horror experience, if you don’t mind older FPS games give it a shot

I mostly bought a Series X for Hifi-Rush (lol) Starfield (lol) and Stalker 2, but I think the latter will be a great game.

Reactions: Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
PS5 version is not planned nor worked on according to devs. I assume with the war, they have done the best they can do, for now.

of course they say that. but they would be imbeciles not work on PS5 version as exclusivity is just 3 months. it is dead game on xbox. only hope is just PC for that period and still, it is holiday season, so competition is going to be big. not as much on PS5 in spring.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
exclusivity is just 3 months
It sounds like that was the original deal. But as time and war went on, losing one of their developers in the war, and their moving cities/studios, as well as delays to even get this version out, I doubt they have worked on other versions. Seems they are stretched too thin. But hopefully they can get a new version out sooner than later.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It sounds like that was the original deal. But as time and war went on, losing one of their developers in the war, and their moving cities/studios, as well as delays to even get this version out, I doubt they have worked on other versions. Seems they are stretched too thin. But hopefully they can get a new version out sooner than later.
it isn't just exclusivity, they are missing on big sales too for the studio. i wouldn't care for big studio and exclusivity, there is a plenty what to play, but they are kinda shooting themselves in the foot with this exclusivity.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yeah, they are setting themselves up for failure relying on gamepass and xbox for sales and marketing

Even if the game ends up really good they are missing out on a lot of sales without a ps5 port ready. People won’t care about this next year

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ezekiel

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
it isn't just exclusivity, they are missing on big sales too for the studio. i wouldn't care for big studio and exclusivity, there is a plenty what to play, but they are kinda shooting them in the foot with this exclusivity.
Must be beyond their control sadly. They have struggled. I hope these wars end. It is sad.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
PlayStation 5 version or not, im hyped for Stalker 2 after that 35 minute gameplay video. Game looks freaking awesome!!