STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl is the most anticipated game on Xbox Game Pass

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
106685.jpg

User on Twitter @Baiisun decided to do a search through Google Trends to get an interesting result showing that STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl is the most anticipated game on the Xbox Game Pass.

So in order to compare the anticipation in every announced Game Pass game, I looked at the percentage of the game compared to a higher volume searched term (with a steady search volume) on the period 01/01/24 - 03/31/24,
worldwide for Google searches AND Youtube searches.It gave me two set of data that I averaged, resulting in the number you see above.Note that Google Trends add all the related searches to a certain product or topic are under their "topic" reference. The search term The Elder Scrolls VI, TESVI, and The Elder Scrolls 6 should be therefore all included in the data under The Elder Scrolls VI "topic" for example.
Source

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
106685.jpg

User on Twitter @Baiisun decided to do a search through Google Trends to get an interesting result showing that STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl is the most anticipated game on the Xbox Game Pass.

Source
Crazy how Fallout 5 is there. Lol That game is not coming out for another decade and the GP model could look totally different by then.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
My top 5 2024 games for Game Pass -

1. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
2. Avowed
3. Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl
4. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
5. Hellblade II: Senua's Saga

The Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout 5 are 5+ and 10+ years away!!! lmao

Reactions: VillaiN

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I don't use Game Pass, so I will just buy the games that appeal to me. Of those that are actually releasing, I will buy Indiana Jones, Avowed, Stalker 2 and Hellblade 2.

And why is Manor Lords getting so much hype? It looks horrible.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Hellblade 2 and Indiana Jones will both be short enough to play and beat on the same 2 week Game Pass PC free trial. Might have some time left over to beat Stalker 2 as well. I know that MS is a 3 trillion dollar company, but how long are they gonna let their Xbox division hemorrhage money like this?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It makes sense, it is a FPS so that broadly appeal to the the Xbox audience.
The franchise is also a cult PC franchise so I imagine it's got a decent amount of people subscribed to PC Gamepass probably more likely to want this game over some other one.

And why is Manor Lords getting so much hype? It looks horrible.

It's a Medieval City Builder, tactical battle, simulation heavy game. There's a huge PC audience for those type of games.
It's also been more available for players to see, in the form of technical tests/alpha/beta(s), and is the first game on the list to release(April 26) so it makes sense for players to google search for new updates on the game more than some of the other titles on this list.

Going by wishlist/followers on Steam, this game is going to be one of the biggest releases of the year on the platform and its ceiling could be quite large depending on the launch issues(or lack thereof).

• Informative
Reactions: KvallyX

HypeThrusters

20 Mar 2024
Manor Lords is really good. Even if it doesn't do well in North America, Europeans LOVE these types of games.
I don't think it will get anywhere the attention it deserves on Xbox, but on PC? They love that type of genre (and so do I).

Stalker... I believe there is a clip of Phil Spencer playing it, and Todd Howard refused to even give it a try, lol.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Recently started playing fallout 4 so I’m in on the apocalyptic setting. I’m a big fan of metro series but tried playing old stalkers. Would I like stalker 2?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Stalker 1 was a difficult play but had some fun stuff. TIA

edit: Also, nobody fucking cares about Hellblade, exactly as it should be lol.