Star Citizen’s live game director vacates position after nine years at CIG |UP| Also possible additional layoffs due to restructuring.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update...

We’ll admit that this bit of Star Citizen news is ripe for speculation, and that speculation may be steered by how one feels about the alpha spaceship sandbox, but the fact remains that live game director Todd Papy has left his post.

According to Papy’s LinkedIn profile, he worked for nine years at CIG, starting first as a design director before being moved up to live game director. Otherwise the details of his departure from SC aren’t available, as there don’t appear to be any statements from him on the matter.

As alluded to earlier, this has kicked off a wide variety of assumptions from fans. As one might expect, the SC Refunds subreddit is mostly chuckling at the news, with most claiming that he didn’t actually do any real work since SC isn’t released yet. The game’s more faithful followers, though, appear to be less bothered, with most simply shrugging or otherwise wishing him well. Still some are angry at the suggestion that Papy’s departure is cause for rage or concern.

Also..

I have just resigned from a highly toxic company, without having signed a contract elsewhere. It's very anxiety-inducing, of course, but in the end it costs me much less in mental health costs than staying.

I was gaslighted when I expressed concern about potential layoffs, telling me I didn't know what I was talking about, just before the party. At the end of January, a mass layoff, disguised as a "relocation of staff" (when very few were able/willing to move to other countries/continents with little or no notice) occurred.

My boss hasn't spoken to me since November. At my annual evaluation, it was admitted that I was doing my job very well and that I met all the objectives, but we spent an hour on my character and my "negativity". I was mocked in a condescending way when I said that what mattered to me was the well-being of my teams.

Honestly, don't let anyone treat you like that. I know it's a labor of love, but you, me, everyone, deserves respect. Don't persist in trying to change managers who are incapable of giving you the basis of human decency.

Last edited:

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Aka ponzi scheme

aka Chris needs more yachts

ow8lceayov741.png

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seeking JPEGs at $10k is not paying their party anymore.
I wonder what the owner will thing when he realizes he needs to work to pay bills now.