Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Re-release Coming August 1

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Aspyr will release an updated version of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 1, the developer announced.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter first launched for PlayStation 2 on November 22, 2002, followed by GameCube on December 5, 2002.

Here is an overview of the game, via Aspyr:

About
Bring in your bounty, dead or alive.
Key Features

• Let the Hunt Begin – In this classic third-person actionadventure, you’ll become Jango Fett, Prime Clone of the Grand Army of the Republic, hired to capture a deranged Dark Jedi.
  • Relive the Timeless TaleExperience the legendary Bounty Hunter fantasy set before the events of Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones. Face off against foes and maneuver through acrobatic battles in this adaption optimized for today’s consoles and hardware.
  • Armed to the Teeth – Fight your way through the galaxy’s underbelly, equipped with Dual Blasters, your Flamethrower, Whipcord, and pure Mandalorian Rage.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is already available thru psn bc. I remember reviewing this back when. Totally mid at the time but had some fun jetpack mechanics.

Surprised to see it get recognition over the years. I don’t remember it doing particularly well.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
This is already available thru psn bc. I remember reviewing this back when. Totally mid at the time but had some fun jetpack mechanics.

Surprised to see it get recognition over the years. I don’t remember it doing particularly well.
It's just getting a PS5 upgrade, since all the older PS2 releases are getting those. It's not emulated though, a full port which is surpring, but a cool thing for premium users.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I had this for the Gamecube. In a time where there were practically no Star Wars platforms for the console, it was a breath of fresh air.
Even if the game itself was nothing to write home about. It's a very linear shooter-platformer with a forgettable story (so forgettable I completely forgot about it).

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I had this for the Gamecube. In a time where there were practically no Star Wars platforms for the console, it was a breath of fresh air.
Even if the game itself was nothing to write home about. It's a very linear shooter-platformer with a forgettable story (so forgettable I completely forgot about it).

A lot of Star Wars games from that era that tried quite a few things. Republic Commando, Clone Wars, and of course KOTOR.

Probably the best era for Star Wars in video games. Before the dark times… before the empire.

• Shake
Reactions: ToTTenTranz