Star Wars Eclipse Still Alive, Quantic Dream Insists: ‘It's Simmering’

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Obviously it's still alive, I don't see why it shouldn't. AAA games need time to be developed and this game was announced when it was still on early stages. They will show more when ready, that's all.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
If sony isnt dumb enough to let go quantic dreams we would have a first party star wars game in our hand

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If Sony was involved, they would be well into production at this point IMO
They announced it a couple years ago, it will be well into production but still years ago from release.

The main difference being a Sony game would be that it wouldn't have been announced until maybe around a year or a year and a half before release.

The development time of the game pretty likely would have been pretty much the same.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
They announced it a couple years ago, it will be well into production but still years ago from release.

The main difference being a Sony game would be that it wouldn't have been announced until maybe around a year or a year and a half before release.

The development time of the gae pretty likely would have been pretty much the same.
Is their face mo-cap technology of their own or Sony's?

Because that thing is out of world. It takes so long must be because of that.

I remember playing Detroit and that's face animations still look better than anything today.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Is their face mo-cap technology of their own or Sony's?

Because that thing is out of world. It takes so long must be because of that.

I remember playing Detroit and that's face animations still look better than anything today.
I don't know if Detroit did use QD's own face mocap but I'd bet they did use the Sony Visual Arts one. Sony Visual Arts Service Group, the Sony team that does most of the great Sony mocap and cinematics animations, doesn't only work for Sony, also work for 3rd party. Quantic Dream can hire them for desired.

The trailer we saw wasn't the game. It was a CG, pretty likely made by a different CG company and not by the dev studio. At least this is how it commonly works. As I remember the name of the company who made the cg was mentioned somewhere. I'd say that the day it was released they mentioned that the game was in early stages of development, and in that stage the games don't look this good at all.

Last edited: