Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Slammed on Steam Over Performance Issues

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

1682682351860-16x9.jpg

EA and Respawn Entertainment's Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has been slammed with several negative reviews on Steam as users report performance issues

Survivor, the galaxy-spanning sequel to 2019's Jedi: Fallen Order, currently has a Mostly Negative rating on Steam with only 31% of 1,216 users recommending it.

"Game is extremely fun but performs terribly," said Steam user Doctor TacoChocolate. "I'm using a 3090 FE and 5700x and getting a consistent 30 fps in some areas. Other areas give me a mostly consistent 45. This is at 1440p."

Users have also taken to Reddit to voice their complaints, with Delicious_Pea_3706 saying "the concerning comments on performance for PC are true". Running Survivor on an RTX 4090 and AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D saw it crash not only itself but the entire PC, they said.

"Running a 4090 with Epic Settings and Ray Tracing was getting me around 90 FPS, which is pretty good, but the frame stutters were way too frequent. I don’t want to imagine how bad it must be for mid range hardware."

Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor-Steam-Reviews.jpg

Other users reported crashes too, alongside graphical issues, and an "unexpected error" that saw the player bypass story elements without seeing them, forcing them to either continue in a broken game state or load a previous save and hope it worked the second time.

Other users have said that performance issues are mitigated once the player moves on from the first main area of the game, however. "After the first world it ran perfectly fine," said Steam user bike._. Another user, Al Falsafchy, said: "story [and] combat compensates the lack of performance in the first area".

There are also users experiencing no issues. "Currently three hours into the game and haven't had any stuttering while playing on a 3070," said gildner99 on Steam. "Not sure if I got lucky or what but I have been loving the game."

Respawn released a day one patch for the game that appeared to address a lot of performance issues, though it also said that more are on the way in the coming weeks.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Any people playing this on PS5, how is the performance, bugs any issues?

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I heard it was released in record time though lmao
Probably needed another delay

Unfortunately, this is the type of game I will wait 6 months+ for it to get all performance and bug fixes patches in. They are not getting my money if the PS5 version is buggy.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nym

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Since I'm platting it I will probably encounter a fair share of any of the bugs. Depending on how it goes it will either enrage me to death which means it will go on eBay quick for some "money-back guarantee" or if it's minor issues I can live with - keep.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PC did not used to be like this.

The platform is making zero sense for AAA releases.

If there any reason to expect things to get better? So far they seem to be getting worse. I played PC games for ages and only found out about stutter around 2015 it was not something I was used to encountering, it was actually what drove me away from mainly playing on PC.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Typical pc problems. By the time pc players get a game to actually run a stable frame rate you will have beaten it at 1440p 60fps on Ps5 3 months before them.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Just like TLOU, Calisto Protocol, Elden Ring, and countless games before it. Publishers need to realize the benefit of developing strictly for consoles and then releasing to PC later. The PC crowd will just whine and review bomb your game if you do anything else. By trying to target all systems you end up with questionable performance on everything.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar