Starfield data mined shows that it does not have DLSS or XeSS

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

The Starfield preload has begun, and it’s already offering insights into the RPG game, despite it not being playable yet. Unfortunately, datamining has seemingly confirmed concerns that Starfield will not launch with Nvidia DLSS or Intel XeSS upscaling technologies.

A post from X user, Sebasti66855537, containing a screenshot of the Starfield file directory and their comments

According to Twitter user Sebasti66855537, the Starfield preload files show no sign of Nvidia DLSS or Intel XeSS. Sharing a screenshot of the game’s expanded installation folder, there’s nary a trace of team green or blue to be found.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Fucking sucks man. I wonder if they're even going to come through with FSR 2.2 or better. Lots of games don't.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Absolutely mindboggling decision. They're alienating like 60+% of the PC userbase, which is the one that's actually gonna buy the thing. And the remaining 25% of nvidia users that have a 10-series card or before that cant use dlss is going to hate it regardless.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Absolutely mindboggling decision. They're alienating like 60+% of the PC userbase, which is the one that's actually gonna buy the thing. And the remaining 25% of nvidia users that have a 10-series card or before that cant use dlss is going to hate it regardless.
60? More like 80-90%

My local computer shop only allow orders for NVIDIA GPUs, and supply for AMD GPUs are low, I don't think they care that much.

Also everyone can use FSR but it gonna look bad with all the stupid artifacts. I like AMD cards because it plug and play with Linux but my past experience with Windows drivers are just poor.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They’re not really alienating anyone but it does suck

Reactions: Systemshock2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
60? More like 80-90%

My local computer shop only allow orders for NVIDIA GPUs, and supply for AMD GPUs are low, I don't think they care that much.

Also everyone can use FSR but it gonna look bad with all the stupid artifacts. I like AMD cards because it plug and play with Linux but my past experience with Windows drivers are just poor.
Yeah 80-90% of pc gamers use nvidia gpus but not 100% of those gamers have DLSS capable cards. 10-class and 9-class cards still have a large percentage of users.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
MS GDK supports DLSS and/or XeSS?
I mean the game is being made using a common devkit for Xbox and PC.

Anything not common needs to be done as an extra and I don't think they have time to do these extras for launch from the state of the game showed in previous shows.
These extras will come eventually in post launch support.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
One of the requirements for using DLSS is that your engine has to support it. Does their shitty engine even support it?