Platforms:

• Xbox Series X/S (Sep 30, 2024)
  • PC (Sep 30, 2024)
Trailers:

Developer: Bethesda Game Studios

Publisher: Bethesda Softworks

Critic Reviews​

Forbes - Paul Tassi - 6.5 / 10

Yes, this is “more Starfield,” a game I liked, but I am very disappointed in the way it has barely evolved a year later, and the best thing about is Bethesda going back to a Bethesda-like zone structure. That’s good, but also feels very inauthentic to what the game was supposed to be. This is not going to convert anyone, nor may it satisfy many veterans. I did get some pretty screenshots, though.
Gamer Social Club - DeMandre Pressley - 7.5 / 10

Shattered Space was a fun experience for me. I enjoyed exploring Va’ruun’kai as well as seeing how the reclusive House of Va’ruun operates. I had fun going through the different quests as well and it was refreshing to not have to jump from planet to planet all the time. Unfortunately however, there’s still a lot of the more annoying aspects of Starfield present and it feels like they missed a few opportunities. While not too short, the overall content just doesn’t feel as beefy as Bethesda’s excellent expansions from other games in terms of payoffs.
Guardian - Luke Holland - 2 / 5

Bethesda's gigantic space RPG's first major expansion only highlights the game's fundamental limitations
Pure Xbox - PJ O'Reilly - 5 / 10

Starfield: Shattered Space is a big disappointment in almost every way. We loved the base game, for all its flaws, and we were willing this to be the big, exciting DLC drop that'd make us love it all over again. However, what we've got here is a very average narrative expansion that fails to add any big choices, upgrades, new enemies, biomes, loot or anything that could potentially excite or draw in new players. It's buggy, janky, badly acted in places, and there are a myriad of bugs and performance issues to be ironed out. What a missed opportunity.
XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 9 / 10

Starfield’s first expansion is an excellent dive into one of the game’s key pieces of lore. There are answers to be had and mysteries to be born anew. It is all wrapped up in one of the best looks I’ve seen in a video game to date. For any fan of the base game, this is a solid 10+ hour adventure you do not want to miss.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
52 on Opencritic 🤣🤣

This is the real score the base game should get without all the Xbox shills and "the most important RPG ever" fake hype.

No Fallout or Elder Scrolls for 10 years because of this garbage. 8 billions acquisition down the drain.

A List New York Logo GIF

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
In Tassi's review of Shattered space he openly admits that his glowing review of Starfield hasn't aged very well. :ROFLMAO:
They were all high on the Xbox big comeback. All horny at the thought of Phil getting that win and it clouded their judgement while playing.

It wasn't a review of Starfield, it was what it represented for them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
DLC and expansions aren’t even gamepass right?

So when they need to actually SELL something … still dropped the ball.

Playstation release for the Hail Mary play is probably to be announced within the month.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I never thought I'd ever see a BGS title panned the way Starfield has been. The run from Morrowind to Skyrim was historic..... sad to see this. I can't even say I have hope for TES6.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I never thought I'd ever see a BGS title panned the way Starfield has been. The run from Morrowind to Skyrim was historic..... sad to see this. I can't even say I have hope for TES6.
Bethesda been given a pass by critics over the many years for their janks, bugs, and dated gameplay in certain areas. However, Starfield was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Now there’s demand more than ever for the studio to evolve their games. Whether BGS does it is up in the air. So far, it’s looking muddy with the studio telling people to set reasonable expectations for TES6.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Great expansion thus far for me. Shame others don't like it or somehow don't like it even though they liked the base game. SMH. Yep, definitely makes sense. LMAO. Oh well.