Starfield will not have a physical disc copy in any edition

shocknero

12 Jun 2023
They confirmed the Standard Edition has a disc back on June 13th and tweet is still up. The one we saw that was deleted was likely an error.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Physical editions of games should be deluxe or nothing. Standard editions with the disc and not much else should go the way of the dodo.

Console fanboys love them because they can buy and sell used, no money goes to the dev that way. At least they always get something with digital sales.
I think you should shut up. Own nothing and be happy about it.

Reactions: Shmunter

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
May have changed since, we will have to wait and see: tomorrow probably!
Probably a mistake, if Redfall has a disc version Starfield has to have one too.
Collector editions being digital is understandable bc of PS5 DE and Xbox Series S though.

Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Probably a mistake, if Redfall has a disc version Starfield has to have one too.
Collector editions being digital is understandable bc of PS5 DE and Xbox Series S though.
redfall has disc edition? are you sure?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
In a sense this is a warning that they will develop this game until the last second before releasing it.

This is shameful for a release that is supposed to be this big and single player.

shocknero

12 Jun 2023
In a sense this is a warning that they will develop this game until the last second before releasing it.

This is shameful for a release that is supposed to be this big and single player.
Once devs started doing day one patches to finish development and ship early to meet a date, I stopped caring about physical media.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
This seems like a move that favors Game Pass. I’d imagine most people waiting fervently for Starfield are going digital, midnight unlock, the whole deal.