Starting to feel like Xbox Gamepass and Playstation Plus are pretty on par

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
As far as new drops, both are releasing without AAA day 1 games right now and who knows when thats gonna change.

This is the first drops of the month for gamepass and ps plus

FZKGLOtXwAMLC8K

520a741517682654a157d7ca8df729d985640cd7.jpg

So as far as console players go its

XBOX (staggered release schedule)

• Cooking Sim
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Two Point Campus
  • Turbo Golf Racing
Playstation

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2
  • Little Nightmares
  • Yakuza Like A Dragon
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
The bolded you keep as long as you want.

In another two weeks we will have to wait to see what we get for extra/premium, as well as the 2nd batch of gamepass games. Right now its looking pretty damn even from where im sitting

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Xbox Live Gold is $100/year.
Xbox Game Pass for Console is $120/year.
$220/year total.
Or Game Pass Ultimate is $180/year.

PlayStation Plus Extra is $100/year.

100/220 = 45%
100/180 = 55%

Far from even in terms of value.
Not to mention the games.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
As far as new drops, both are releasing without AAA day 1 games right now and who knows when thats gonna change.

This is the first drops of the month for gamepass and ps plus

FZKGLOtXwAMLC8K

520a741517682654a157d7ca8df729d985640cd7.jpg

So as far as console players go its

XBOX (staggered release schedule)

• Cooking Sim
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Two Point Campus
  • Turbo Golf Racing
Playstation

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2
  • Little Nightmares
  • Yakuza Like A Dragon
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
The bolded you keep as long as you want.

In another two weeks we will have to wait to see what we get for extra/premium, as well as the 2nd batch of gamepass games. Right now its looking pretty damn even from where im sitting
I think gamepass does have a couple of nice games, sniper elite for sure, and turtles game is very cool, not sure about this list today, to me, it looks a bit shite.

At the end of the day pick your poison,

If you are happy with gamepass, good for you, i will stay with the Sony stuff.

P

peter42O

Personally, I only subscribe when there's a day one game that I want to play. PlayStation Plus hasn't given me anything in years. Last games I played was Rogue Legacy and Apotheon or something like that. Who knows when my next day one game for PlayStation Plus will be. If I can get at least one day one game that I want to play a year, I'll be happy.

For Game Pass, they've saved me $100 thus far via Gears Tactics and Halo Infinite. Also had Outriders and The Ascent which I checked out first on Game Pass but loved both games and bought them digitally so in this regard, I actually spent money. Next new release for me on Game Pass is A Plague Tale Requiem. I then have Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn and Stalker 2 in 2023 which are guarantees with Atomic Heart and Warhammer 40,000: Darktide as 50/50 games. This obviously doesn't include Microsoft published games for 2023 but I am expecting Redfall, Starfield and Diablo IV day one. On paper, 2023 looks great for me with Xbox and Game Pass but we'll see if it actually plays out that way.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I think gamepass does have a couple of nice games, sniper elite for sure, and turtles game is very cool, not sure about this list today, to me, it looks a bit shite.

At the end of the day pick your poison,

If you are happy with gamepass, good for you, i will stay with the Sony stuff.

It does have some nice offerings.
But without first party for the rest of the year they need to start putting out some actual third party bangers.

A plague tale will be good but that's not till October...

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Sircaw

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Feel like you need to compare catalogs not just "new games."

And currently last I checked PS+++ was the clear winner.

Only thing that annoys me as that Sony made it sound like PS++ And PS+++ would get the same PS4/PS5 games and +++ just had classics and streaming.. but they pretty quickly started putting games only on PS+++.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't say "on par". PS+ shits all over GP, even the Essential tier. We're getting recent Activision games still at full price while they are begging the FTC to hurry up their investigation. Amazon Prime Gaming is getting Blizzard games too, nothing for GP 😅

Xbox fans would kill to get half the stuff on PS+. If they were honest about "the best deal in gaming" they would ditch the Xbox and get a PS5 ASAP.

Last edited:

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
PS+ is already much better both on basic tier and Extra. Premium/Deluxe suck.

Xbox has a huge disavantage im the fact that Xbox One library is completelly outclassed by the PS4's library and MS releases so little games that even without many day one games PS+ still ends up with newer and better game.

It's embarassing how easy it was for Sony to answer gamepass.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The premium tier is simply insufficient however. Make all games as trials as initially presented then we can talk.

The biggest offence however is the “classics”. Where ps4 remasters of ps3 games are artificially locked out of Extra. People should complain here.

Apart from that, the pricing for essential and extra are no doubt best value in gaming.

However, not a supporter of the model personally no matter how you slice it.

Reactions: nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
The premium tier is simply insufficient however. Make all games as trials as initially presented then we can talk.

The biggest offence however is the “classics”. Where ps4 remasters of ps3 games are artificially locked out of Extra. People should complain here.

Apart from that, the pricing for essential and extra are no doubt best value in gaming.

It's so dumb how incompetent Sony is they have this huge library of legacy games and they don't bother to properly make them available, something that would allow them to charge for the higher tier pretty much forever.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

I do wonder when they are gonna port Legend of The Dragoon and some other PSX classics to it. I wonder what the hold up even is. Maybe its converting the original code to be upscaled and what not? Maybe they got bigger plans for it that they will tie into marketing?

When they do their showcase I wonder if they will highlight any of this stuff. It seems subscriptions are a pretty big part of their long term strategy now so it would almost seem as if they have to promote it there

Reactions: Ezekiel

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
It's so dumb how incompetent Sony is they have this huge library of legacy games and they don't bother to properly make them available, something that would allow them to charge for the higher tier pretty much forever.
We live in the subscription services now.

Status
Not open for further replies.