Statue maker Gaming Heads claims Sony told it to destroy all PlayStation themed stock | VGC

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

According to the company, this includes items currently in stock (including The Last of Us Part II Ellie statues, Jak 3 statues and God of War statues and busts).

It also includes pre-order items, such as its Sly Cooper statue, The Last of Us Ellie & Joel diorama, Bloodborne statue and Ratchet & Clank statue.

An ‘open letter’ posted on the company’s Twitter account suggests the decision was made by Sony, but doesn’t explain why it made this decision.

It also namechecks PlayStation’s group manager of commercial partnerships, Judy Ward, gives out her email address and tells pre-order customers to contact her “about your (now cancelled) order, payments, refunds etc. and what they will do for you”.

“We have worked with Sony PlayStation for more than 10 years to bring you some of the best video game collectibles and have been trying hard to get them to change their mind,” the statement claims.

“They know you have paid your hard-earned money for items that are ready to ship to you or that are in production but unfortunately, after doing all that we can, they have told us not to ship your orders to you – ‘our business priorities remain unchanged’, a recent direct quote from Sony.”

It also tells pre-order customers that Sony “has already received royalty payments from you on your orders that Sony PlayStation now wants us to destroy and not ship to you”.

It adds: “We remember Sony PlayStation’s old tagline that they are ‘for the players’, but given their recent decision that they know adversely affects those in the collecting community willing to spend more on Sony PlayStation merchandise than an actual console, we are now not so sure.”

It should be noted that Sony has not delivered its side of the story yet, and as such it’s not yet clear why it decided to end the partnership

Some collectors in a Facebook group dedicated to Gaming Heads statues have also responded to the open letter with cynicism.

To anybody wondering, this is just Gaming Heads destroying a ton of stuff for a tax write off, and hoping you don’t sue (which you won’t) or file a chargeback (which you should),” user Matthew Duffy alleged.

“Definitely file the chargeback asap and get that refund. I don’t know why I’m still even in this group, haven’t bought from them in years and years due to shady shit like this.”

Statue maker Gaming Heads claims Sony told it to destroy all PlayStation themed stock

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
...Wait for refunds contact SONY?
That's not how it works..

Also the original twitter post i saw about this just has hundreds of people complaining that they are still waiting 2-3+ years for statues they ordered.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
...Wait for refunds contact SONY?
That's not how it works..

Also the original twitter post i saw about this just has hundreds of people complaining that they are still waiting 2-3+ years for statues they ordered.

Sounds to me like the collectibles company doing a shit job shipping products in timely fashion just MAY have been a factor in Sony terminating the relationship.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Like I said in an earlier thread about this Gamingheads is in the wrong on this whole situation. They haven't even completed orders from years prior. They shouldn't have been continuing new orders and commissions if they couldn't complete them. Now they're trying to convince people that Sony has their money. This is all on Gamingheads. What they're doing is trying to make Sony eat their loss.