Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It'll go down even more and that's not counting all the money lost with refunds.

It just pisses me off, how idiotic this is and how easily it could have been avoided.
I don’t see this so melodramatic, could be the beginning of the end for Sony’s PC port ambitions. It’s good it happens before their Investor call. I expect HFW and GOT to underperform too. Sony’s needs to be hit hard and understand, that PC business is a lost case. They damaged more their brand than contributing in helping PlayStation to grow. PC peeps which would have bought a PS5 normally, did now abstain, because they know the games coming 2-3 years later on Steam. I can only repeat myself and hope this is the deathblow to Sony’s PC initiative.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
About 40k players less this Saturday vs last for peak concurrent. Today’s peak less than yesterday’s too when the game would typically showcase stronger weekend numbers. Steep playerbase falloff for the week.

Yeah the biggest indictment that people at the very least momentarily stopping from playing the game is the fact that Friday/Saturday is both lower than Thursday.

Thursday's peak: 119,571
Friday's peak: 119,027
Today's peak(weekend peaks at EU timezone due to EU+NA playing together): 114,155

Literally going down during the weekend when it should be going up day on day like normal.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I absolutely approve of this.

Sony, fuck around and find out. PC isn't your walled garden where you can jerk customers around.

You came here to us due to your greed and now you're getting burned.

Take some care and invest properly into knowing what the fuck you're doing in gaming instead of hollowing out your management with bean counters, or you've lost your way.

You aren't a techbro company that can skate by on sus KPIs. You need a solid underlying business plan and a customer base that keeps coming back, not people you keep squeezing.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony caused this by bending the knee. PSN should be mandatory to play any PS on PC including singleplayer & multiplayer games. Sony lost focus on its own platform now having a disaster fiasco that could’ve been avoided if they focus on actually releasing multiple first party games on PS console.

Sony deserves this fiasco
PC players would eat them alive if they tried to charge for multiplayer on PC.

If anything I think they got away far too unscathed for charging for multiplayer on PlayStation while not doing in on PC.

PC was always a lose lose proposition for Sony and they'll end up displeasing everyone. The only people that are winning are Sony hatters on PC and pirates.

I just can't take Sony seriously anymore and my outlook on them is beyond pessimistic. I lost all interest in getting a PS5 Pro or subscribing to PS+, I'll only keep the PS5 because I need a console to play physical media. Any game with a multiplayer component that I care about I'll buy on and the same goes for older games on deep discount.

If Nintendo's next console is a decent substitute for PlayStation when it comes to physical media I might just be done with PlayStation entirely. I'm fine trading power for portability in most cases and my PC would still be there for specific games that are better enjoyed on stronger hardware. If the used market in Brazil gets any worse than it already is I'll be forced to go all digital and at that point I'll probably go back to being a PC only player like I was before the PS3.

GT7 going to PC is probably going to be it for me owning a PlayStation, specially if it has VR support for the Quest. PS6 is pretty much out of the question at this point unless thing change dramatically until then.

Last edited:

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
PC players would eat them alive if they tried to charge for multiplayer on PC.

If anything I think they got away far too unscathed for charging for multiplayer on PlayStation while not doing in on PC.

PC was always a lose lose proposition for Sony and they'll end up displeasing everyone. The only people that are winning are Sony hatters on PC and pirates.

I just can't take Sony seriously anymore and my outlook on them is beyond pessimistic. I lost all interest in getting a PS5 Pro or subscribing to PS+, I'll only keep the PS5 because I need a console to play physical media. Any game with a multiplayer component that I care about I'll buy on PC and same good for game on deep discount.

If Nintendo's next console is a decent substitute for PlayStation when it comes to physical media I might just be done with PlayStation entirely.
I’m talking PSN account not PS+ ofc that would backfire but Sony definitely needs to force all games outside PS console like PC, Mobile, Xbox, Nintendo like MLB & Destiny to require a PSN that’s created free.

Atleast if all games outside PS console was under a PSN Sony can delist games off steam for being to much of a fiasco & makes those players sign for a ticket that approves the game been purchased & own so players can play through a PS PC launcher. Sony needs control outside PS console PSN requirements for all games published outside PS console would help that if there’s ever an issue

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
i agree star wars GIF by Red Giant

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I’m talking PSN account not PS+ ofc that would backfire but Sony definitely needs to force all games outside PS console like PC, Mobile, Xbox, Nintendo like MLB & Destiny to require a PSN that’s created free.

Atleast if all games outside PS console was under a PSN Sony can delist games off steam for being to much of a fiasco & makes those players sign for a ticket that approves the game been purchased & own so players can play through a PS PC launcher. Sony needs control outside PS console PSN requirements for all games published outside PS console would help that if there’s ever an issue
It's crazy that they didn't do that, about as crazy as the fact that they didn't protect their single player games with Denuvo. It just looks like they have no idea of what they are doing on PC.

PC ports also had a massive impact on their output, things dried up dramatically since they pivot to supporting PC. RIP PlayStation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It's interesting seeing this unfold, if nothing else.

Yup. And I expect arrowhead to do their best to damage control since while an oversight for both them and Sony… they still suffer from it.

The whole point of pc ports and releases is to appeal to gamers who primarily game on pcs in international markets, where consoles have terrible to non-existent distribution historically.

And what did Sony do? Make their interface with their own network not support those “niche” markets (which of course they’re not) for their first real swing at just those players.

The mandatory psn would’ve been easier to damage control because literally every major online game does this… and usually one or two button clicks away so those crying ignore this reality.

this however? They’re gonna feel immediate consequences. Player sentiments matter for online games.

Will Sony support distribution in these markets overnight? Doubtful. And I can’t see arrowahead doing too much extra from whatever is on their plate other than take a hit and offer the next Warbond free.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Will Sony support distribution in these markets overnight? Doubtful. And I can’t see arrowahead doing too much extra from whatever is on their plate other than take a hit and offer the next Warbond free
All Sony has to do is add a (other) option for people who’s country isn’t selectable & maybe changing the wording of the policy specifically the banning players who don’t pick there country & instead say for players who do not select an option when creating a PSN. I’m just spitting ideas. This can all be change within a week what Sony should not do is bend the knee & make it where it’s optional since it will create a president that all PS games on PC needs to be optional & can’t be solely a requirement. PC players will definitely complain in the future if Sony bends the knee & it will also make it where PS console players are looking at Sony & the PSN & PS+ paywall even worse Sony would just be making PC a better option then it already is

Last edited:

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
no, mobile stinks, its mostly gacha crap that does well there and that doesn't align with PlayStations vision at all. Forget mobile, forget PC, forget cloud. Focus on console and VR.
Sony solely focusing on PS console will put PS back even Nintendo is releasing exclusive Nintendo games on mobile & live service games releasing simultaneously like Pokemon Unite.

Sony PS should explore PC & Mobile but with only live service no singleplayer & with some live service it should only be specific platforms like GT7 only on PS console, shooters can release on PS & PC & gatcha games release on PS & Mobile

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony solely focusing on PS console will put PS back even Nintendo is releasing exclusive Nintendo games on mobile & live service games releasing simultaneously like Pokemon Unite.

Sony PS should explore PC & Mobile but with only live service no singleplayer & with some live service it should only be specific platforms like GT7 only on PS console, shooters can release on PS & PC & gatcha games release on PS & Mobile
Nintendo has IP that could work in a mobile setting, Sony doesn't.... There was a God of War mobile game in the past, it was a waste of time.