Stellar Blade demo out now!John linneman DF says it plays "smooth like BUTTa" |UP| Demo hit 690k daily active players as per Ampere & additional info.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
4/11

Ampere: Stellar Blade demo hit 690k daily active players, almost double that of FFVII Rebirth​

Stellar Blade demo numbers impress, but will the hype convert to paying players?​

Sony’s Stellar Blade is an upcoming, AAA action RPG (ARPG) with Soulslike elements from Korean studio Shift Up, which is set for full release on April 26. The game is a PlayStation 5 exclusive – as was recent release, and fellow ARPG, Final Fantasy VII (FFVII) Rebirth – and it has attracted considerable interest for not just its character design (which has proven divisive) but also its polished gameplay and performance.
The console and PC games markets are currently awash with ARPGs, with a number of these emerging from Asian studios. Dragon’s Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin were just two new additions to the genre in March, garnering upwards of 2m monthly active users (MAUs) and just shy of 1m MAUs respectively according to Ampere’s Games Analytics data; plus the hotly-anticipated new Elden Ring DLC is set for release in June. Clearly there is increasing competition in this space, but at the moment, the consumer appetite for APRGs seems to continue to match, or even outpace, relevant content releases.

Daily active user numbers for the Stellar Blade demo, which launched at the end of March, have more than doubled those seen for the FFVII Rebirth demo. The chart demonstrates a launch performance which would match that of FFVII Rebirth; but this is perhaps a best-case scenario. The hype surrounding Stellar Blade – largely focused on its character models - may have resulted in inflated interest in the demo, and the rate of conversion to paying, launch users could fall short of what we have seen for its competitors.
Despite some similarities in genre, style, and therefore potential audience, Stellar Blade and FFVII Rebirth represent quite different commercial cases. FFVII Rebirth is based on an established classic with a deep-rooted fandom – plus, it is a sequel, rather than a standalone game. It is therefore unlikely that quite as many demo players were drawn simply by curiosity or hype, and conversion in that case is likely to be more predictable, and hearty. Stellar Blade, on the other hand, is a brand-new IP with no pre-existing fandom, making its performance a great deal more difficult to project.

Update 3/29

John Linneman from Digital Foundry: Wow, the Stellar Blade demo is fantastic. I was interested before but am now fully convinced. It plays super well and has a great style. I was genuinely concerned about the performance based on trailers but it's smooth as butter.​

Dropping..

• 7am PDT
  • 10am EDT
  • 2pm GMT
  • 3pm CET

Coming the 29th of March.

''The demo takes place from the very beginning of the game when Eve, a member of the 7th Airborne Squad is sent to Earth on a mission to reclaim the planet from the Naytiba, up to the first boss fight. This first stage will include the tutorial phase to help you familiarize yourself with basic combat features as you explore post-war Eidos 7, a human city now infested by the Naytiba, giving you an early grasp of gameplay mechanics that will serve you throughout the game’s story.''

More at below..

Update it was pulled from store.

The demo dropped onto the PS Store with no official warning whatsoever, and eager fans quickly caught on. However, within the space of about 25 minutes, the demo was removed from Sony's digital marketplace. At least we know it exists! Clearly, someone's let this thing slip a bit early.

1709932121724.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah lol I'm like wtf as always just go to stellar Blade click three dots and demo will pop up.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Aside from graphics… that last showing didn’t look too fun at all? Let’s see how the actual game goes… I’ll bite on the demo.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Game looks great! And assets all over the place as soon as it starts lol jiggling combat.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I am expecting a truly STELLAR collection of in game ass shots from IconEra posters. Get on it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Combat feels weighty and great to me. I dislike alot of Korean developed games as many feel light and like your not connecting but this feels smooth and solid. I'm in :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Luffy123 and Box