MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Don't know if this is legit but...

Performance - 1440p60
Balanced - 1440p60
Resolution - 2160p30

• Performance mode applies a common resolution of 1440p at 60fps
  • Balanced mode renders at a common 1440p resolution with 4K output using TAAU. Its frame rate drops, but it maintains its 60fps performance as normal.
  • The Resolution mode reaches 2160p in exchange for limiting the frame rate to 30fps.
  • As for the graphics settings, there are no significant changes between the modes apart from the anisotropic filter and the LOD of some distant textures.
  • Shadow resolution, rendering distance, environmental occlusion or post-processing (among others) remain the same.
  • The possibility of turning off the chromatic aberration effect, which (on a personal level) is exaggerated, is absent.
Recommendation is to play Stellar Blade in Performance or Balanced mode to take advantage of the 60 FPS, as the 30 FPS of Resolution mode is not an option for a game as frenetic as Stellar Blade and the difference in resolution is not that significant.

Last edited:

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Don't know if this is legit so didn't make seperate thread but...

Performance - 1440p60
Balanced - 1440p60
Resolution - 2160p30
My TV is currently 4K 60hz that i think can only output 60fps, its HDMI 2.0, not 2.1. I don't think it can do 1440p. I think it can just had a look.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
ok what is difference between balanced and performance then lol

From the Analista

- Performance mode applies a common 1440p resolution at a constant 60fps.
- Balanced mode renders at a common 1440p resolution with a 4K output using TAAU. Its framerate suffers some drop, but maintains its performance at 60fps normally.
- The resolution mode reaches 2160p in exchange for limiting the framerate to 30fps.
- As for the graphic settings, there are no significant changes between modes beyond the anisotropic filtering and the LOD of some distant textures.
- Shadow resolution, drawing distance, ambient occlusion or post-processing (among others) remain the same.

Reactions: quest4441 and kuzon

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Love how this game absolutely annihilates Rise of the Ronin graphically and still runs at higher resolution. These guys deserve my money assuming the game is good.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to the tests carried out, the Stellar Blade demo on PlayStation 5 features three game modes, one of which runs the game in 4K (2160p) at 30 FPS:

• Performance mode applies a common resolution of 1440p at 60fps
  • Balanced mode renders at a common 1440p resolution with 4K output using TAAU. Its frame rate drops, but it maintains its 60fps performance as normal.
  • The Resolution mode reaches 2160p in exchange for limiting the frame rate to 30fps.
  • As for the graphics settings, there are no significant changes between the modes apart from the anisotropic filter and the LOD of some distant textures.
  • Shadow resolution, rendering distance, environmental occlusion or post-processing (among others) remain the same.
  • The possibility of turning off the chromatic aberration effect, which (on a personal level) is exaggerated, is absent.
Recommendation is to play Stellar Blade in Performance or Balanced mode to take advantage of the 60 FPS, as the 30 FPS of Resolution mode is not an option for a game as frenetic as Stellar Blade and the difference in resolution is not that significant.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw