Stellar Blade’s uncensored release in Japan prompts criticism. Addresses censorship claims. |UP| Petition at 50,000.

24 Jun 2022
I, too, am starting to think a lot of this "controversy" is probably being pushed/funded from certain sources BTS. We should probably start asking more questions about Grummz's connections.

I remember he was grifting against the ABK acquisition last year. But you never know, he could've been contacted by "certain parties" BTS to use his grift for something that'd also conveniently feed into console warring and a manufactured "anti-exclusivity" sentiment conveniently aligning with a specific company's desires for the gaming market.

Would be interesting to see people question him on these lines on Twitter.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I typed up a response but it wouldn't post and I lost it.

A small change is still a change.
People who bought the game aren't idiots, those defending the change are the idiots. A crop top today, a game mode tomorrow.

@Johnic you're a moron if you think I'm a Phil Spencer dick rider, considering I slag the guy off and call him a fucking moron at every turn. If you're going to cry about posts on the internet, at least know what you're talking about.

Edit: @Gediminas there is a coup against single player games, 100% there is. It's been like that since The Order 1886. That coup failed on Stellar though and this change is California Sony giving the middle finger to Japan Sony, who needs to take control of playstation again.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Uhm read the person i quoted.

My bad. Point still stands, the change is dumb, unnecessary, and condescending to be honest this is a game being sold to adults, on the strength of tits and ass, and we're being treated like fucking children for some reason

Reactions: Gediminas

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I went to check out the costumes to see what things were censored there:

But found out that basically all the costumes continue being the same, and only the "Holiday Rabbit" and "Cybernetic Bondage" costumes have been slightly modified to cover her a bit, but not much:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Considering all the other revealing or suggestive costumes that are out there, having only changed this maybe makes me think it isn't censorship, but maybe some game artist wanted to tweak the design a bit.

Regarding the blood splatter covering her body, maybe they reduced/removed it a bit to increase performance.

I think that if it would have really been censorship they'd have changed or removed the other costumes too, and changes would have been more significative. And regarding the blood, they'd have removed dismembrement, but in the intro you still see Tachy's arm clearly chopped off.

I'm all in on letting artist do what they do regarding nudity, sex or violence, and totally against forcing them to censor stuff. But seems that the changes are pretty tiny and I think may have been decided internally by the gamedev team, not being censored by someone else.

I think people is being too overdramatic complaining about censorship, even if not as much as the people complaining for having good looking women and revealing costumes in videogames.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

But found all the costumes are the same, and only the "Holiday Rabbit" and "Cybernetic Bondage" costume have been slightly modified to cover her a bit:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Considering all the other revealing or suggestive costumes that are out there, having only changed this maybe makes me think it isn't censorship, but maybe some game artist wanted to tweak the design a bit.

Regarding the blood splatter covering her body, maybe they reduced/removed it a bit to increase performance.

I think that if it would have really been censorship they'd have changed or removed the other costumes too, and changes would have been more significative. And regarding the blood, they'd have removed dismembrement, but in the intro you still see Tachy's arm clearly chopped off.

I'm all in on letting artist do what they do regarding nudity, sex or violence, and totally against forcing them to censor stuff. But seems that the changes are pretty tiny and I think may have been decided internally by the gamedev team, not being censored by someone else.
This is pretty good idea, about tweaking design.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
But found all the costumes are the same, and only the "Holiday Rabbit" and "Cybernetic Bondage" costume have been slightly modified to cover her a bit

I'd like to actually hear a statement on what they were thinking regarding these specific changes. Any answer would seem completely absurd to me in a game that has the focus this game does and that showcases her ass the way it does.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

But found out that basically all the costumes continue being the same, and only the "Holiday Rabbit" and "Cybernetic Bondage" costumes have been slightly modified to cover her a bit, but not much:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I think people is being too overdramatic complaining about censorship, even if not as much as the people complaining for having good looking women and revealing costumes in videogames.
👀👀👍

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Like it or not the game will get those skimpy skins in 5 seconds once its a available on PC so they should be available on consoles anyway.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78