Street Fighter 6 - Open Beta is live on PS5

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Battlehub is trash. Modern controls being allowed in online is disgraceful. The create-a-character pseudo mmo hub world approach is trash all around.

I hate this direction. Hate it. This sucks

Where’s the matchmaking? So you just wait for someone to come up to you? What the hell is this? I’m just sitting here at an arcade cabinet waiting for someone to play me. Hugely prefer previous matchmaking over this lobby system. It’s too limited and poor on match engagement and turn around time. I think this is an absolutely fatal flaw.

Scrap this entire online mode…. Terrible. This game might actually be bad. Holy Moses… and I’m a street fighter fantard. What did they do!? Wow disappointed big time

Edit: pretty sure I edited and saved controls to be on classic but it went to default in my match anyway. Deleted. Fuck this. Trash

I’ve decided to skip launch until they rework this entire thing. Game sucks

Last edited:
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The game is so awesome and fun! Not only in the normal matches, the extreme battles with the single shared energy bar and the Mega Man enemies are really fun.

It's awesome to see that the game runs flawless in my GTX1070 laptop and even playing online via wifi while I'm also streaming the football in the tv, and I don't experience any visible lag!

• Shake
Reactions: Edmund

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Where’s the matchmaking? So you just wait for someone to come up to you? What the hell is this? I’m just sitting here at an arcade cabinet waiting for someone to play me.
Have you tried to press a button while in Battle Hub? The square one opens a menu where you can select to search ranked or casual automatically, or the costume color or Modern/Classic control for each character, or your favorite stage etc. And well, there are more settings in the pause menu as always. Select "2 or more bars" and you'll find matches in a couple seconds with perfect netcode even if using wifi and crossplay while streaming a video in other device using the same wifi.

Cabinets are only to play friendly casual matches with the people in your server.

Hugely prefer previous matchmaking over this lobby system.
The Fighting Ground part of the game wil be the classic SF with the classic menus and classic modes (including ranked/casual) and lobby instead of using the 3D lobby, which is optional.

Battlehub is trash. Modern controls being allowed in online is disgraceful. The create-a-character pseudo mmo hub world approach is trash all around.

I hate this direction. Hate it. This sucks
It’s too limited and poor on match engagement and turn around time. I think this is an absolutely fatal flaw.

Scrap this entire online mode…. Terrible. This game might actually be bad. Holy Moses… and I’m a street fighter fantard. What did they do!? Wow disappointed big time

Edit: pretty sure I edited and saved controls to be on classic but it went to default in my match anyway. Deleted. Fuck this. Trash

I’ve decided to skip launch until they rework this entire thing. Game sucks
Good, we need to get rid of toxic attitudes in the Street Fighter community. Try Smash, you may like it.

• Shake
Reactions: Edmund

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Have you tried to press a button while in Battle Hub? The square one opens a menu where you can select to search ranked or casual automatically, or the costume color or Modern/Classic control for each character, or your favorite stage etc. And well, there are more settings in the pause menu as always. Select "2 or more bars" and you'll find matches in a couple seconds with perfect netcode even if using wifi and crossplay while streaming a video in other device using the same wifi.

Cabinets are only to play friendly casual matches with the people in your server.

The Fighting Ground part of the game wil be the classic SF with the classic menus and classic modes (including ranked/casual) and lobby instead of using the 3D lobby, which is optional.

Good, we need to get rid of toxic attitudes in the Street Fighter community. Try Smash, you may like it.

Toxic attitudes… sorry I triggered you … loser.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Toxic attitudes… sorry I triggered you … loser.
I dunno if it’s any different from the demo but … if not then I would have to agree with your take. The new ideas are shockingly bad as well as poorly executed.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
There’s a way to jump into matches direct but the menus are a clusterfuck and settings don’t seem to save in this beta. Could also be a bug.

This seems heavily influenced by dragon ball xenoverse.

Modern controls is such a bad idea. People were already in lobbies talking shit telling modern players to quit the game.

I sorta agree? But it’s not their fault.