Studio responsible for The Witcher remake says it will remove some 'bad' parts of the game

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
cd-projekt-red-anuncia-o-remake-do-primeiro-the-witcher-na-unreal-engine-5-080812.jpg

The Witcher remake was announced in October 2022, and is being developed by Rebel Wolves, a studio of CDPR veterans. Those veterans include CEO Jakub Rokosz, who worked on The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3. Speaking to Edge, however, Rokosz expresses his disappointment that he never got to work on the first game in Geralt's trilogy;

"it always bothered me that I missed the first. I wanted a chance to give it the justice it deserves."

Rokosz is already taking aim at some of those aspects, stating that

"first and foremost, we need an honest, down-to-earth analysis of which parts are simply bad, outdated, and need to be remade." That will come at the same time as "highlighting the parts that are great, should be retained, or are direct key pillars that can't be discarded," but it's not hard to work out which aspects he's hinting will likely be removed.

Source

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The damn swamp? Yeah, get rid of that.

I hope they manage to keep the same atmosphere. That game was dripping with that Witcher atmosphere, much more than W3 did.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I hope they manage to keep the same atmosphere. That game was dripping with that Witcher atmosphere, much more than W3 did.
Agreed. I remember buying the collectors edition with the book. Atmosphere was awesome

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Witcher 1 the only witcher game i havent play

Witcher 1 + Witcher sequel lets do it

good game gg GIF

Arc

5 Sep 2023
They could be right. I’m just going to present the alternate scenario that I’d prefer to see the bad parts reimagined and fixed into something that is fun.

Maybe something like getting rid of an entire part entirely should be a last resort.