Studios are shutting down, games are being canceled, people are being laid off, but all Xbox fanboys care is about their "exclusives"

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
they should be happy with Microsoft changing strategy, at this rate, Halo might not be here in the next 10 years if not on all platforms, and the same serves for other studios and franchises

MiyazakiLovesKojima

IMG-20240202-WA0232.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 1154
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I honestly don’t think the industry can support console exclusives for much longer. Development cycles are growing increasingly long and vastly more expensive.

This includes Sony.
Sony will put their games on PC and Cloud, they already said it, but not on other consoles

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I honestly don’t think the industry can support console exclusives for much longer. Development cycles are growing increasingly long and vastly more expensive.

This includes Sony.
Sony can skip exbox because of its smaller userbase.

MS can't skip PlayStation though.

That's the difference.

And late PC ports serve to increase profit for Sony.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Personaly I had a great week, this was long overdue.

I hope green rats give up on gaming after all the humiliation and leave normal people alone.

I never had any doubts that MS would run Bethesda and ABK to the ground, it's just what they do.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Indeed. Many console exclusives haven’t been truly exclusive for awhile now.
Well then there's no point in having a first party at all.

Shut them all down and pay for third party timed exclusives.

It's cheaper, less risk and makes the whole company leaner.

The only reason to have first party studios is to make fully exclusive games that create an identity for the platform.

The minute you dilute that, it becomes a pointless endeavour.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Exclusive software differentiation is what Xbox fans should absolutely care about... because that has an impact on the appeal and long term health of the Xbox ecosystem and Xbox hardware. This is the very ecosystem these hardcore fans have invested thousands of dollars over the years (library). The health of the ecosystem is directly tied to the appeal of said ecosystem vis a vis competitors. Exclusive software differentiation is key to that appeal, and the biggest pull. Hardware sales tanking is a direct consequence of poor exclusive software differentiation, of those policy decisions and trajectory, that loss of appeal over the course of many years. That in turn feeds into the ecosystem not having a sufficient base to support 20+ studios (or whatever it's that MS is at now) - hence "fat trimming", outright downsizing, and going "third party publishing" - aka further dilution aka it's over. It's not the job of the Xbox hardcore consumer to be considerate of the MS fuck ups.

The fact that many, not all, but many in the Xbox hardcore community went along with exclusives dilution, making excuses, singing along the PR machine and didn't demand better from MS earlier is the core problem for them as a community. Although it has to be said that a corporation like MS will, at the end of the day, do whatever the fuck it wants, hence their policy trajectory despite all the fundamental business contradictions. As some say, MS was never in it for the "right" reasons. Xbox fans should have simply dropped the ecosystem years ago en masse but chose, foolishly, to stay. That's their only, and, huge mistake. Should have sent Xbox the SEGA way earlier, and not wait for MS to actually fuck them. Without the hardware Xbox is nothing.... and MS is just another pub, of many, trying to pitch a rental service on other companies platforms w/ the hardware... like the uPlay's and EA Play's of this world.

If anything this should serve as a lesson to some PlayStation fanboys and Sony corporate slaves of how not to behave as a consumer. If a company decides to go in that trajectory (and Sony is tip toeing in that direction with their PC push - undeniable), as soon as you get a chance to hedge with another platform, do so. There is no loyalty in this game. You drop them from your business and let them deal with it, along with the idiotic fanboys that will make excuses for them and die with the ship.

Simple rationale:

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.png

Not your job to save Microsoft or Sony with your business. Once a corp crosses your tolerance for BS, and it varies per person, drop em, and don't look back. The biggest mind job these corps benefit from is becoming part of an individuals identity with their product.

The market is behaving as it should, and hardcore Xbox fanboys are behaving exactly as they should, albeit late imo. Biggest winners, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC.

OP's motive and trolling here is poor form. Idiotic from my pov - irrational at the very least.

Last edited:

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024

This includes Sony.
You've got it backwards. Exclusives designed for unique hardware is what kept the console industry alive.

Why pay £500 for two boxes that play expensive versions of PC games, often with inferior graphics settings options, with paid online play when a PC plays almost all games from every console?

If PS5 and Xbox had powerful, engaging exclusives that could only be played on their hardware, the console industry would be booming.

No exclusives means no reason to buy a console or buying into the ecosystem.

Reactions: J_Paganel