Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League. Updated 1/26/24 Trailers inside. New live action trailer, plus deluxe edition.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

October 14, 2023·1 min read

SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE DETAILS SURFACE ONLINE​

PlayStation State of Play

New details of Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League have been revealed on Reddit, with the details being ‘verified’ by the subreddits moderators.
Uploaded to the /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit, the new Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League details reveal the game’s price, editions, and details. Whilst typically such posts would be considered just a rumor, one of the subreddit moderators has given the post a “legit” tag and has verified the user’s claims.

According to the leak, an internal ‘not final’ trailer of the game was shown at a trade show, revealing that two versions of the game will be released. The Deluxe Edition will apparently cost £99.99 and will grant players access to the game three days before the official release, in addition, players will also get battle pass points and extra costumes. The Day One edition on the other hand will cost £69.99 and grant players extra costumes.
Details on the game itself include:
  • Real-time weather (stated in the behind-the-scenes trailer)
  • Day/Night cycle (stated in the behind-the-scenes trailer)
  • Metropolis is twice the size of Gotham in Arkham Night.
  • Rocksteady is working on 1 year of extra content – new characters and missions were mentioned
  • They state clearly you can play the game co-op online or play it all solo and switch between the 4 different characters.
  • The trailer makes a point that the players should play HOW they want to. Makes a point that each character has distinct traversal and distinct combat. Deadshot is gunplay the others are more melee-focused.
  • Have no details on microtransactions or XP or anything games as a service.
At the time of writing, Insider Gaming could not independently verify the leak details

Plus dualsense immersion trailer Jan, 3, 20233

What’s the plan of attack? Kill the Justice League.Team up with Will Arnett, Ron Funches, and Director Jodi Hill and take on the impossible.

Your mission is starting sooner than you think, Task Force X. Pre-order Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Deluxe Edition to take on Brainiac and traverse Metropolis starting January 30th. See you there!

Last edited:
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There’s no real multiplayer hook is there? PvP? Endgame? If it’s just campaign with jump in co-op then there’s zero hope at any long term service aspirations or player base. Zero.

Could be a decent game still tho. Depends what shape rocksteady is actually in. I don’t care for it but I think they’ve dumped service plans.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
There’s no real multiplayer hook is there? PvP? Endgame? If it’s just campaign with jump in co-op then there’s zero hope at any long term service aspirations or player base. Zero.

Could be a decent game still tho. Depends what shape rocksteady is actually in. I don’t care for it but I think they’ve dumped service plans.
I think it still might surprise.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I hate lazy lawsuits but I hope someone sues them on the grounds that they bought the day 1 edition but didn't play it on the first day it became available.

Reactions: Zzero

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Man everything around this game sounds like a dumpster fire. 1 year worth of content? On a big GAAS game? bruh

Reactions: JAHGamer

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The studio that made the greatest Batman games ever and you have them make a wannabe GAAS like Suicide Squad. SMFH! I remember reading rumors about how a Suicide Squad game from WB has been bounced around multiple times until it finally landed at Rocksteady. At one point WB Montreal was in charge of a Suicide Squad game. What a mess and waste of time for Rocksteady. Instead of this, Rocksteady should have created a new Batman series with different setting different vibe. Batman is WB money maker and all we've gotten since Arkham Knight is Gotham Knights, a game where you don't play as Batman. Good job, WB Games. Smh.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The studio that made the greatest Batman games ever and you have them make a wannabe GAAS like Suicide Squad. SMFH! I remember reading rumors about how a Suicide Squad game from WB has been bounced around multiple times until it finally landed at Rocksteady. At one point WB Montreal was in charge of a Suicide Squad game. What a mess and waste of time for Rocksteady. Instead of this, Rocksteady should have created a new Batman series with different setting different vibe. Batman is WB money maker and all we've gotten since Arkham Knight is Gotham Knights, a game where you don't play as Batman. Good job, WB Games. Smh.
Yeah Gotham was mid definitely not the Batman top tier we love and expect.

Reactions: Say1nMan

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Huh? Isn't it a mission based game? Why is there an open world map twice the size of Gotham in AK? Did this stuff change, wasn't it supposed to be MP focused? This A Game for All Seasons shit is giving me real Redfall vibes. Not saying it will be a broken mess, just that there'll be no direction and it won't actually appeal to anyone.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Huh? Isn't it a mission based game? Why is there an open world map twice the size of Gotham in AK? Did this stuff change, wasn't it supposed to be MP focused? This A Game for All Seasons shit is giving me real Redfall vibes. Not saying it will be a broken mess, just that there'll be no direction and it won't actually appeal to anyone.
Oh no! Don't give it the Redfall curse!!!

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is the poster child of how overly long development cycles impact games. Picture the time when this was pitched: WB was trying really hard to push Harley Quinn and the suicide squad and GaaS superhero games were supposed to be the next big thing.

Just imagine how tone deaf a game like this will look in 2024. Even worse than a crazy frog or flappy bird game.

Reactions: Zzero and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping it's good, Arkham trilogy is 🔥🔥🔥 But if this is flops then it will be a valuable lesson to the entire industry: stop letting clueless non gaming executives tell developers what to make.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping it's good, Arkham trilogy is 🔥🔥🔥 But if this is flops then it will be a valuable lesson to the entire industry: stop letting clueless non gaming executives tell developers what to make.
it looked like a turd in gameplay reveal, it got so much backlash that they delayed a game for months. they won't change much. personally, there is no benefits for GaaS games. just middle finger. shoehorning GaaS everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Experience Task Force X's unique traversal abilities, gunplay and combat style with Adaptive Triggers and Haptic Feedback, and immerse yourself in the action with 3D Audio*.Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is available February 2, 2024 on PS5.*3D audio with stereo headphones (analogue or USB)