Suicide Squad KTJL: Arkham Now Has More Players. ~60% drop in players. |UP| WB has fallen short of expectations cost company 200 mil in revenue.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I don’t know how Rocksteady survives this tbh. No one bought it.
WB wants to invest in games (and yes live service specifically) and don't really have much in the way of fat to cut. I think they're in a position to survive this, if anything the old LotR team is in much worse shape- their WW game is years late at this point and apparently had drama and "forced turnover" in that time. And the Lego team is in an even worse state, probably the most likely to get cut despite decades of continuous success.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
On the Warner Bros. Discovery earnings call this morning, CEO David Zaslav said that their quarter's financials took a hit due to the "disappointing release of Suicide Squad," the newest game from Rocksteady Studios

Studios revenue dropped 12% year over year to $2.8 billion, primarily due to a gaming slump, with “Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League” not performing as well as massive hit “Hogwarts Legacy” in the comparable Q1 2023. Warner Bros. Discovery said it took an impairment charge for “Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League,” as the DC game generated “significantly lower” revenue than “Hogwarts Legacy.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Entropi

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Serious No Way GIF by SWR3

• haha
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
On the Warner Bros. Discovery earnings call this morning, CEO David Zaslav said that their quarter's financials took a hit due to the "disappointing release of Suicide Squad," the newest game from Rocksteady Studios

i bet, they won't take this as a lesson, but will try again to defeat the wall with their heads. it is not the first time they tried it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We've had this thread about three times even wuth same title. Please search this isn't new new in general but redundant.

Literally in a Feb post..

1715261521684.png