Suicide Squad vs. Arkham Knight - These two games are 9 years apart.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
People talking about the character ass when the model is pretty much the same, the game just looks like... ass. Pun completely intended.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The reasoning behind games take more and more time to make does not make sense anymore in many cases.

The scope of games now and 9 years ago is mostly the same, if you don't do Ray tracing the technology is the same and the tools have to be at least a bit better.

Especially for projects like that... Which unfortunately seems to be a trend crappy games that take million years to make while looking worse or about the same as games from a generation ago.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The reasoning behind games take more and more time to make does not make sense anymore in many cases.

The scope of games now and 9 years ago is mostly the same, if you don't do Ray tracing the technology is the same and the tools have to be at least a bit better.

Especially for projects like that... Which unfortunately seems to be a trend crappy games that take million years to make while looking worse or about the same as games from a generation ago.
Yeah sometimes you can tell they are bukkshutying hit they'll put off their laziness on others.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I am tired of game developers excuses and their defense force in places like Resetera and many more. They are not marthyrs and the only people that work hard.

Modern games are not only running like dog shit many times, buggy, taking months to fix... they even look worse than some prior releases, even between console generations. First time I have seen this happening.

And on top of that, game designers have no finesse, no taste. Whose idea was to greenlight this run of the mill loot shooter? That's your entrance to the 9th generation?

And this goes beyond console vs PC. We have seen many times already games dropping to 720p on PS5/series X. That shouldn't be the case.

On the PC space, every single new technology released since 2019 has been pro developer, not pro consumer:

Baking light sources takes time so now we have to buy RTX cards and make do with broken ray tracing low framerates and upscaling that is absolutely being used as a crutch. Now they want to sell me glorified Tru motion as a proper way to game ffs...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gediminas
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I am tired of game developers excuses and their defense force in places like Resetera and many more. They are not marthyrs and the only people that work hard.

Modern games are not only running like dog shit many times, buggy, taking months to fix... they even look worse than some prior releases, even between console generations. First time I have seen this happening.

And on top of that, game designers have no finesse, no taste. Whose idea was to greenlight this run of the mill loot shooter? That's your entrance to the 9th generation?
I agree avd alot of other reasons why dev companies nowadays are bring out mediocre shit. If they focus on hiring cream of the crop, ppl with best experience some of these ganes wouldn't suffer so much. Also updating engines etc. I know these things cost money but if you don't, you get this and you won't make no money. This game to purchase isn't even on my radar due to this lazy bs.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

I've been saying this for sometime. Game scope and graphics haven't made a significant jump, yet, games development time is ~ 1.7 times longer.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I actually prefer the Harley suit on the right, matches the B:TAS colors perfectly while the one on the left looks like a gimp-suit. Which, yeah, is probably what they wanted but I never thought her costume was made of leather, always thought it was made of cloth.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I actually prefer the Harley suit on the right, matches the B:TAS colors perfectly while the one on the left looks like a gimp-suit. Which, yeah, is probably what they wanted but I never thought her costume was made of leather, always thought it was made of cloth.
👍

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

In TAS Batman's costume was more or less cloth too. Different artistic visions. I'll take the gimp suit Harley.