Super Mario Wonder Announced - Coming 20.10.2023 | Nintendo Direct

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Super Mario Bros. Wonder is releasing for Nintendo Switch on October 20, 2023. Pre-order today
. Surprise and wonder await at every corner in the next evolution of 2D side-scrolling Mario fun!

FzJ3sNtXwAQ9ck0

IJ8q9I6.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’m a sucker for 2D Mario games, but 10/20? Really? I guess I can play this in December.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Looking great, but October was already too packed. Releasing it the same day than Spider-Man 2 doesn't seem a good idea.

But well, it will keep selling for years so I assume Nintendo won't care if launch numbers aren't as stellar as they'd like (even if they will be still stellar).

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Looking great, but October was already too packed. Releasing it the same day than Spider-Man 2 doesn't seem a good idea.

But well, it will keep selling for years so I assume Nintendo won't care if launch numbers aren't as stellar as they'd like (even if they will be still stellar).
lmao. mario is mario, it will not be affected whatsoever by spiderman.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Fucking Nintendo doing the Direct at the same time of FF16 reviews and now releasing same day as Spider-Man 2 🤦

Also working with MS in the Acti case and will be at the FTC trial starting tomorrow.

What the fuck is wrong with them?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Fucking Nintendo doing the Direct at the same time of FF16 reviews and now releasing same day as Spider-Man 2 🤦

Also working with MS in the Acti case and will be at the FTC trial starting tomorrow.

Probably they didn't know -and don't give a fuck- that today was the FFXVI reviews day when they scheduled this Direct, and same goes when setting the Mario Wonder release date.

I bet they simply assumed that October was going to be busy like every year but didn't give a fuck because the game will be selling during years in Switch and starting late next year, mainly Switch 2.

I assume that in the trial they'll say that don't care about the acquisition because they are so successful with basically no MS and Activision Blizzard games and don't need them. But if they want to release some games on Switch, they'll be welcome like any other big publisher.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Probably they didn't know -and don't give a fuck- that today was the FFXVI reviews day when they scheduled this Direct, and same goes when setting the Mario Wonder release date.

I bet they simply assumed that October was going to be busy like every year but didn't give a fuck because the game will be selling during years in Switch and starting late next year, mainly Switch 2.
Yeah right. They are in Japan and FF16 is plastered everywhere.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Looks great as usual with 2D Mario's.

This Direct was heavy on the old plumber. All winners imo.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah right. They are in Japan and FF16 is plastered everywhere.
These directs are probably planned a few months in advance. Yeah, I don't think they knew this would be review embargo day. And if they did, why should they care? I don't see how one affects the other.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
There is no coincidence with these things more often than not. Competition is not bad here. I continue to welcome any and all efforts by Nintendo to position itself as Sony's direct competitor and displace the current bum named MS Xbox of that position.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Mario and Spiderman are on different platforms, they might compete for Twitch and Ywitter views but will serve seperate markets in regards to sales.

As to the guy complaining about it being in the busy season, Nintendo always at least attempts to put out one big game in the run up to the holidays, this year is no different.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Nintendo was like this always,the most anti consumer gaming. Company by a mile, but they are the darling of the industry

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters