T-Pain Confirms He's Working on GTA 6, Says He Can't Role-Play in GTA 5 Anymore as a Result

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Faheem Rashad Najm, better-known as singer-songrwriter T-Pain, is living the dream: he gets to work on Grand Theft Auto VI alongside Rockstar Games. However, it seems like T-Pain's new job is having unintended consequences.

In a livestream clip circulated on social media, T-Pain confirmed that he's contributing to Rockstar's anticipated sequel, which was finally revealed in 2023. In the course of bringing T-Pain aboard, though, it seems that Rockstar requested that he stop role-playing on NoPixel — a popular GTA 5 role-play server that runs on third-party servers.

At least one fan noticed that T-Pain was no longer on the server and asked what happened.

I used to be on NoPixel, then I started working on GTA VI, and they told me I couldn't do RP anymore because it kind of goes against... they had this whole speech, like, 'What if somebody took your album and re-recorded it, and more people were listening to that,' and I'm like, 'Okay, I kind of get that, but I was having a good time. Alright that's fine,'" T-Pain said.

Amusingly, Rockstar went on to hire the modding team behind role-play servers including FiveM and RedM, which was an irony that wasn't lost on T-Pain.

"Then I started working on the game with them and then they teamed up with the people that make the RP sh*t, and I'm like, 'Wait a minute, what? What the f**ck?...Y'all tell me I can't do this sh*t and then you team up with the people that enable the RP?" T-Pain said, laughing.

T-Pain didn't elaborate on how exactly he's contributing to GTA VI. IGN has reached out to Rockstar Games for comment.

Last edited: