Take-Two CEO says AI-created hit games are a fantasy: 'Genius is the domain of human beings and I believe will stay that way'

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I agree, AL created games would/will be shovelware/mid tier and won't reach higher levels of gaming greatness imo. However it's already having a huge impact on game advertisement and some design aspects abd some ppl are losing jobs because of it.

Last edited:

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
This is an interesting topic. I hope that is true but I'm not sure and is definitely too early to tell. In just under a year we have seen an amazing and terrifying evolution of ia capacities, who knows what they are going to do in 5, 10 or 15 years?

On the other hand maybe this open a new market for products and art made by humans? I know I prefer to pay for a game crafted by real designers, programmers, illustrators, musicians, etc.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Meanwhile MS is all in on AI generated games. I guess when you have no success with human created games you have to go all in on AI.

I wan't my games to be 100% organic, carbon based, AI free, extra crunchy.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
AI will not only steal jobs, but rob humans of our creativity. I really don't want to live in a world where AI is making the music I listen to, the movies I watch, and the recipes I eat. Fuck that. AI should be used to fucking automate everything and leave humans to actually be created. Instead, it's being used as a tool for megacorps and the ultra rich to increase their profits while people struggle to make ends meet.

It's a bloody dystopia.

Reactions: Box and Gediminas
D

Deleted member 417

He's a liar. A human may come up with the concept, story and art for a game, the rest will be AI generated. They've done this for years until the banner of "procedurally generated levels/environments" if they can expand that to games, they will.

Churning out cookie cutter, low-level phlumpff media is all Hollywood and silicon Valley can do. Having AI do it will make zero difference to the bottom-of-the-barrell quality we get in games.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
In terms of quality, some games already feel like they're made by AI (Ubisoft).

But the big difference is: big publishers would want to use AI in a way that'll put a ton of people out of work. It's why the writers strike is happening; Hollywood production companies would NOT guarantee not replacing them with AI. That is the epitome of corporate greed. Even in games that use things like procedural generation, it still takes humans to actually design the assets. It's just the game itself using an algorithm to decide where to place those assets on a map.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Somebody like Tolkien spent his life crafting a world and language and you can feel the level of dedication to his craft

In a few years AI will be good enough to pop out the equivalent in a couple seconds

Just doesn't seem right

Reactions: Box

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The latest Saints Row looks like it was puked up by a woke millennial AI, and proves that good games can’t be made by artificial intelligence if it was.