Take Two is laying off 5% of it's workforce

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Take Two Interactive (including Rockstar, 2K and Private Division) just announced it will lay off about 5% of its workforce, cancel games and end projects.

April 16 (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO.O), opens new tab will lay off about 5% of its workforce, or around 600 employees, the publisher of the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise said on Tuesday, as the video-gaming industry extends its more than two-year long job cuts.

The company will also scrap several projects in development as part of a cost-reduction plan, which is expected to result in total charges of up to $200 million. It declined to name the projects that have been canceled .

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I'm more surprised Geoff Keighley is reporting on this

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
I wonder how many of firings were made up of people bitching on social media about being told to return to office lol

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I wonder how many of firings were made up of people bitching on social media about being told to return to office lol
THIS. I bet quite a few have expresssed unhapiness diretly, and some have not shown back up - this happened a lot post covid lockdown. They fire those who won’t and use the dissention as a means to clean house where possible.