TakeTwo is buying Gearbox Software from Embracer for 460 million dollars.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Sony needs to get on the pie, make acquisition that isn't necessarily huge, but with a few IPs, and just experience in releasing games consistently.

Remedy, Sloclap and Ember labs. Or maybe contact Embracer for their other cool studios..

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Embracer the company that never release games....

Buy at $10
Sells at $3

lol
What are you talking about, they published Dead Island 2, Payday 3, the System Shock remake and Remnant 2 all within the last year, plus a lot of less notable/bad stuff. And DI2 and Remnant 2, at least, were developed by studios they owned too.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What are you talking about, they published Dead Island 2, Payday 3, the System Shock remake and Remnant 2 all within the last year, plus a lot of less notable/bad stuff. And DI2 and Remnant 2, at least, were developed by studios they owned too.
We have this discussion before and I was right...
Useless studio, that brought everything, never released anything, killed most of the acquisition and now are trying sell everything lol

What was their contribution to the game industry?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
We have this discussion before and I was right...
Useless studio, that brought everything, never released anything, killed most of the acquisition and now are trying sell everything lol

What was their contribution to the game industry?
Yeah, I remember, I listed a load of games and you went noooooo not those and people advised me to just block you since you weren't arguing in good faith. This time I only bothered listing big, notable stuff from the ladt year. But go on, tell me how games with millions in sales and over 80 on metacritic (and Payday, lol) don't really matter.

They've also only killed like, what, five studios out of eighty? One of which just released a massive bomb and the other of which was only created with their funding in the first place.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah, I remember, I listed a load of games and you went noooooo not those and people advised me to just block you since you weren't arguing in good faith. This time I only bothered listing big, notable stuff from the ladt year. But go on, tell me how games with millions in sales and over 80 on metacritic (and Payday, lol) don't really matter.

They've also only killed like, what, five studios out of eighty? One of which just released a massive bomb and the other of which was only created with their funding in the first place.
I will give you some time to just you understand what you saying...
Let's take the first game you listed...

Dead Island 2

- The game started development in 2014
- Embracer puschaced Koch Media (owner of Deep Silver) via THQ Nordic in 2018 but by contract it was set to work independently.
- In 2020 (as they are independent) THQ Nordic and Kosh Media (Deep Silver) traded IPs instead to sell them (understood now they are independent?).
- Deep Silver puplished Dead Insland 2.

If Deep Silver was not independent I'm not sure if they even should have published Dead Insland 2... maybe we will be talking about another killed franchise by Embracer.

The last time I already got your "listed" games and explained each or most of them and you are here again.
By you keep doing defense control without any context to Embracer.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I hope we see sony seriously make moves in strategic investments in SIE.

According to axios which has a pretty long experience, he predicted that Take two, Sony, and Savvy will make acquisitions and Embracer will divest.

The deals he saw, are probably going on, and two of the predictions just happened.

But unfortunately Sonys Market cap just fell from 120 billion to 105 billion, Sony came out and said they will reduce costs in M&A to achieve higher profits, etc.

So it seems unlikely... hopefully they will strike whenever they have an important opportunity.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I will give you some time to just you understand what you saying...
Let's take the first game you listed...

Dead Island 2

- The game started development in 2014
- Embracer puschaced Koch Media (owner of Deep Silver) via THQ Nordic in 2018 but by contract it was set to work independently.
- In 2020 (as they are independent) THQ Nordic and Kosh Media (Deep Silver) traded IPs instead to sell them (understood now they are independent?).
- Deep Silver puplished Dead Insland 2.

If Deep Silver was not independent I'm not sure if they even should have published Dead Insland 2... maybe we will be talking about another killed franchise by Embracer.

The last time I already got your "listed" games and explained each or most of them and you are here again.
By you keep doing defense control without any context to Embracer.
All I am getting here is that a publisher can own a studio and fund its game for 5 years but still not get credit for it. Absolute clown argument and shows no respect for anyone who has ownership stakes in games and has to put up the financial risk for them.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
All I am getting here is that a publisher can own a studio and fund its game for 5 years but still not get credit for it. Absolute clown argument and shows no respect for anyone who has ownership stakes in games and has to put up the financial risk for them.
So you don’t want to discuss like I said and did just like the last time.

I can’t remember but was ever another company that did so much damage to game industry without delivery anything like Embrace before?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So you don’t want to discuss like I said and did just like the last time.

I can’t remember but was ever another company that did so much damage to game industry without delivery anything like Embrace before?
You said they never release any games, I pointed out no fewer than 4 major releases they've had within the last year. Then the excuses come out, at that point what is even left to discuss, on the one hand there's reality, where they are the single most prolithic publisher with even a hint of quality control (sorry, Outright Games and Game Mill, I refuse to consider you real publishers) and the other there's ethomaz-world where none of their games count, not even the good ones, because that would counteract his argument.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You said they never release any games, I pointed out no fewer than 4 major releases they've had within the last year. Then the excuses come out, at that point what is even left to discuss, on the one hand there's reality, where they are the single most prolithic publisher with even a hint of quality control (sorry, Outright Games and Game Mill, I refuse to consider you real publishers) and the other there's ethomaz-world where none of their games count, not even the good ones, because that would counteract his argument.
I explained your list of games and you just got blind to it.
Same as last time 🤷‍♂️

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Perfect acquisition for Take Two Interactive and Gearbox. Now reveal Borderlands 4 and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands 2 you bastards!!!

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
They made 2 amazing Half Life spin offs for Valve, so they can work on more than just their own IP. Give them a crack at Bully or Manhunt. I like Borderlands, but it’s repetitive at this point