Tekken 8 closed network test: Almost no one is playing on Xbox

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I suspect they took more of the applicants too, just to do the testing.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Crazy! No one is playing fighters on Xbox. Begs the question: Just how is MS getting ports of Street Fighter and Tekken this time around?

Some funny business behind the scenes is my guess.

These games are completely non-viable on Xbox.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Crazy! No one is playing fighters on Xbox. Begs the question: Just how is MS getting ports of Street Fighter and Tekken this time around?

Why dont you go make a video about it on your low tier trash channel?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Xbox fans deserve every bit of shit that dribbles onto them.

They selected 30% of PS applicants to play, and 69% of them participated.
They selected 26% of PC applicants to play, and 68% of them participated.
They selected 65%(!!) of Xbox players and fucking only 24% of them showed up.

Even when they get massive preferential treatment they don't fucking support the games.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Xbox probably paid for the SF port, Xbox fans were crying about it non stop last gen. And of course it still sold poorly on there

Reactions: Puff

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Season 3 Fun GIF by Law & Order

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I mean : did anybody expect that Tekken could sell on XBox in Japan ? When Bandai decided to port it to XBox, I'm pretty sure they were looking pretty much exclusively at the North American market. While I doubt that even there its sales are going to be substantial, I' m sure they will be enough to justify the port's investment

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Because the sentence of 'no one is playing fighters on Xbox' is wrong as can be seen in the OP.

There are way less than in PS or PC, and specially in markets where Xbox isn't particularly popular like Japan, but still are a big enough amount of them to consider profitable to release the game there. In addition to this, the games are very expensive to make, so the more revenue sources they can find, the better for them.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I mean : did anybody expect that Tekken could sell on XBox in Japan ? When Bandai decided to port it to XBox, I'm pretty sure they were looking pretty much exclusively at the North American market. While I doubt that even there its sales are going to be substantial, I' m sure they will be enough to justify the port's investment
those are worldwide numbers!

Whenever it does release though, games like Tekken don't even launch for Xbox in Japan on the physical market, so expect negligible numbers. Not even stuff like RE4 gets a real release here on Xbox.

safe to say maybe a few hundred copies will be downloaded on xbox in the whole of Japan.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
SF5 being console exclusive to ps4 basically destroyed the fighting game audience on xbox.

Evo now belonging to sony will just solidify that.

SF6 sales on xbox was abysmal, tekken 8 will probably be just as bad.

Reactions: Puff