Tekken 8 has sold 2 million copies worldwide

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
I was expecting higher... 3?

Hopefully more sales come through.

I think a 60 price point would have made it more popular but still a good performance.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

I think a 60 price point would have made it more popular but still a good performance.
Yeah but I guess fir the fighting genre it's right on target.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I love the demo and I will buy this game for $30.
My only thing with buying later on is by tht time online is full of tryhards who've mastered it already lol but if you don't care much about tht, it's a gd plan.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
My only thing with buying later on is by tht time online is full of tryhards who've mastered it already lol but if you don't care much about tht, it's a gd plan.
i'm gonna spend a lot more time pulverizing friends and family than anyone on the internet. buying it at full price wouldn't make a difference since I don't have time to train on it like i'm trying to go pro.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah, a shame fighting games don't usually light up the charts anymore but these are gd sales either way and it'll sell more.

Yeah both SF6 and T8 are doing faster and better numbers than previous titles, but this just illustrates that the genre has stagnated in terms compared to other great games in their respective genres.
10M multiplat sellers used to be uncommon, now it's pretty common and 20M+ is the new bar for "Woah, this is selling gangbusters" and we're seeing more and more games being able to do that in just a few years and not like 5+

Also shows you why FG games are being monetized more and more with Season Pass/MTX/etc...
If you're still selling the same-ish amount of copies but making a game is more expensive, gotta find that revenue opportunity.

Fighting games always have decent legs because a lot of casuals wait for price drops to just play the campaign and the non-online ladder stuff and $60/$70 for that little content is a big ask.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah both SF6 and T8 are doing faster and better numbers than previous titles, but this just illustrates that the genre has stagnated in terms compared to other great games in their respective genres.
10M multiplat sellers used to be uncommon, now it's pretty common and 20M+ is the new bar for "Woah, this is selling gangbusters" and we're seeing more and more games being able to do that in just a few years and not like 5+

Also shows you why FG games are being monetized more and more with Season Pass/MTX/etc...
If you're still selling the same-ish amount of copies but making a game is more expensive, gotta find that revenue opportunity.

Fighting games always have decent legs because a lot of casuals wait for price drops to just play the campaign and the non-online ladder stuff and $60/$70 for that little content is a big ask.
Yeah. Sf2 was the zenith.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Pretty sure SF2 was one of the most profitable game ever until the rise of mobile gaming/PC GaaS generating billions per year.
The numbers of arcade board and version upgrades must've been astronomical back in the day.
I spent so many quarters lined up in the arcade. I never felt like tht before about a game lol crazy memories.