Tekken 8: Speculation, Discussion and wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Hi Everyone, so here the Tekken 8 speculation, discussions and whishlist:

Tekken 8 hasn't been announce yet of course, but as Tekken 7 coming to the end of its cycle, it's obvious that it's just a matter of time before Tekken 8:

Here's some of the things i want for Tekken 8:

- Go back to the focus of Martial Arts, no more stuffs like Geese, Eliza or Negan, more of Lidia, Fakhumram and Leroy
- Make the male characters not too much testerons, like Tekken 4 style, some characters are meant to be super buff, but some others like Hwoarang are weird with so much muscles.
- Give the characters unique walk, run, and side step animation
- Good Story, specially for non Mishima characters (Mishima usually has good story)
- Remove the generic common outfits and customs, just keep the unique ones per characters.
- Give Law back his voice of Tekken 345 style, and also make him thin like Tekken 4 and not too fan unlike T7, he is meant to be Bruce Lee, by making him fat it remove a part of his charisma, GIVE ME BACK MY MARSHALL :cryinggif:
- Also give Bryan his pale/white Skin back.

Playing Law in Tekken 4 with GOD theme
70A0A8882453BC7F549E24833E69B0C6BAF172F7

Of course there are many other things i want to see in Tekken 8, but that's all for now.

Some Tekken 4 gifs, cause it's the best Tekken when it comes to story, art direction and charisma

law-tekken4-flip-kick-yoshimitsu.gif
BlushingVapidHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Discuss

Reactions: Kokoloko

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I just don't want dumb flavour of the month characters like Negan again. Characters with weapons don't belong in Tekken. Yoshimitsu gets a pass.

Also bring back the arcade mode endings for each character, the story mode sucked

Reactions: SSfox

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
IMO I think people do not even want big narrative modes in fighting games. At most people want some visual novel style shit to click through before matches.

We always want arcade mode endings for each character.

We want ways to further utilize the mechanics and just excuses to play more. Smash gets this. Tekken Force understood this. Granblue vs understands this. To me it seems like such a no brainer to just add in tons of modes that let you do various things with the mechanics. Sidescroller? Yes please. Beach ball vs thing? Fuck yes. Platforming challenges, why the fuck not.

MK, the worst fighting game but loved by casuals, knocks it out of the park with a fun casual movie style mode and then everyone thinks this is what people want in their fighters as single player content above all else. Tekken 7 and SFV story modes are total ass. SF6 looks like they are understanding better with the World Tour mode.

• thinking_hard
OP
OP
SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Just saw that Bandai leak with Tekken 8, probably fake but make me wonder when we'll get Tekken 8 announcement.

I think Evo can be a possibility, or maybe Gameawards? Or maybe a Sony event planned for this year. Those are probably the biggest and best place to announce the game during this year.

God lord please let's have a costumization mode ala Tekken 6 and not like 7 and TTT2!!

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
- Make the male characters not too much testerons, like Tekken 4 style, some characters are meant to be super buff, but some others like Hwoarang are weird with so much muscles

Yes
- Give the characters unique walk, run, and side step animation

Yes
- Give Law back his voice of Tekken 345 style, and also make him thin like Tekken 4 and not too fan unlike T7, he is meant to be Bruce Lee, by making him fat it remove a part of his charisma, GIVE ME BACK MY MARSHALL :cryinggif:
And Yes

• brain

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Just saw that Bandai leak with Tekken 8, probably fake but make me wonder when we'll get Tekken 8 announcement.

I think Evo can be a possibility, or maybe Gameawards? Or maybe a Sony event planned for this year.
Most big fighting games announcements are traditionally made during EVO finals, which is now a Sony event. This year pretty likley we may see there Tekken 8 or Mortal Kombat 12 game annoucements, Street Fighter 6 stuff, Project L (the upcoming League of Legends fighting game) stuff, DLC announcements for most GaaS active fighting games like Guilty Gear, KOF XV, DnF Duel, Dragon Ball FighterZ etc.

OP
OP
SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Most big fighting games announcements are traditionally made during EVO finals, which is now a Sony event. This year pretty likley we may see there Tekken 8 or Mortal Kombat 12 game annoucements, Street Fighter 6 stuff, Project L (the upcoming League of Legends fighting game) stuff, DLC announcements for most GaaS active fighting games like Guilty Gear, KOF XV, DnF Duel, Dragon Ball FighterZ etc.
Yeah i mean announcing news seasons and DLC is something, but announcing brand new games, and as big as Tekken 8 and MK11 i'm not sure tho, i can see them saving this for Gameawards for example.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah i mean announcing news seasons and DLC is something, but announcing brand new games, and as big as Tekken 8 and MK11 i'm not sure tho, i can see them saving this for Gameawards for example.
The fighting games fanbase watches EVO more than the doritos awards. And the EVO audience appreciates more these announcements than the one of the doritos awards, where the announcements would get overshadowed by some bigger blockbusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.