thanks to recent hardware control standards, porting games to the PSVR2 has never been easier.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Bad thread title, the developer interviewed is talking about how it is easier to port games for other VR platforms to PSVR 2, not converting flat games to PSVR 2.

It's about how VR controllers have become somewhat standard across platforms, where PSVR 1 and other past platforms had divergent control types and capabilities.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, this dev mentions that in the past the different VR systems had very different controllers so it was more difficult to adapt games to all of them, and that now the PSVR2 controller is pretty similar to the Meta 2 one. Now hardware manufacturers are standarizing the stuff so it's easier/faster to adapt games to both controllers.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I prefer the dev to deep study the new VR controls to make a good port instead do an easy way compatibles devices ports.

But that is me and of course it is more expensive and require more work but the results trend to be way better.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Man I want a world where depending on what I'm playing on I can experience it different ways. Say a resident evil game across vr, console, portable.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Song in the Smoke Dev on PSVR2 port: "It stands alone, even compared to the highest-end version possible on PC VR - it's honestly not even close."
That is how you do it if it is true they took the time to make use of PSVR2.

Easy port because the standards are similar ends up with lazy ports.