The 9th circuit has denied the FTC's request for injunctive relief. Microsoft is now free to close its Activision Blizzard deal

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The 9th circuit has denied the FTC's request for injunctive relief. Microsoft is now free to close its Activision Blizzard deal after 11:59PM PT today, as long as the UK situation can be resolved

F1CIezWWwAIPoEI

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yay corruption. And there are actual adults cheering for this. How dumb do you have to be?

Very dumb. But I think 50% of the people cheering it, like Destin, Ryan, and people who say this brings games to more people because of Cloud, as just shills.

The rest are retarded beyond belief. Anyway, Activision will get worse and worse, Xbots wont care and they will cheer the next acquistion when they want a new toy to talk about

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Well, now every CoD release will be hyped to death by people who never played them.

We will be told that the best games are on xcloud or whatever Android Xbox app is, just plug your phone on the tv to play from anywhere. It will be fun, as long as you pay your gp subs.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
As far as I remember MS can't buy ABK because the acquisition was blocked by the CMA.

Meaning, this deal would be dead and MS+ABK would need to do another acquisition deal that would properly address the CMA concerns and then to do another investigation so would take like another year and if in that other investigation they get the greenlight from all regulators including the CMA then they could acquire it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
As far as I remember MS can't buy ABK because the acquisition was blocked by the CMA.

Meaning, this deal would be dead and MS+ABK would need to do another acquisition deal that would properly address the CMA concerns and then to do another investigation so would take like another year and if in that other investigation they get the greenlight from all regulators including the CMA then they could acquire it.
Exactly. This latest media campaign has standard MS written all over it. Nothing has changed, and their "proposal" to the CMA is laughable. They are trying to paint a picture that they are the good guys.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Exactly. This latest media campaign has standard MS written all over it. Nothing has changed, and their "proposal" to the CMA is laughable. They are trying to paint a picture that they are the good guys.
I thought that was earrings in regards to an injunction... People act like that was a trial of some sort.