The AI voice chat moderation in COD is the worst update ever.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This is the single worst update to ever be put into a multi-player game. COD multi-player, for over 15 years, has been about the community and the social interactions.

For those who don't know, Activision added an update to MW2 that implements AI voice chat moderation. This means that AI is now monitoring every voice interaction looking for slurs and other banned words.

If detected, violators get automatically muted in all of their future multi-player matches.

Now it's no secret that online lobbies have some of the most toxic voice chat interactions imaginable, but that's the fun of it. Trash talking the other team is entirely what makes multi-player games fun.

This update won't actually ban me, because I don't use the n-word, or any other type of slur. I don't even use profanity much. I do however trash talk the other team in a more polite way which still gets them riled up.

The main problem is how many other players are getting banned by this. There are least 2 banned players in every lobby I play in. It's completely destroying the community and eliminating most voice interactions.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Just pushing people towards discord
Discord, we was have been rate limited on a fucking private Discord chat group because somebody type "fag***" as a joke. Not to mention the new stupid tag name bullshit make it stupidly harder to add people because it doesn't accept Unicode, so basically no Japanese or Chinese support , what a joke.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Discord, we was have been rate limited on a fucking private Discord chat group because somebody type "fag***" as a joke. Not to mention the new stupid tag name bullshit make it stupidly harder to add people because it doesn't accept Unicode, so basically no Japanese or Chinese support , what a joke.
Really?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’ll spread to more.

It becomes concerning when they’ll flag accounts for political and ideological discourse amongst friends. I mean people shoot the shit plenty in co-op games etc… and talk about anything.

Reactions: toadsage44

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Xbox ruining gaming again
Playstation with Marketing and Early access for cod
Am I A Joke To You GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Snes nes