The Decline of Studios Acquired by Microsoft in One Image

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
View attachment 2368

Credit: @RGamerB on Twitter / X
We got an OG Xbox purely because & I vividly remember this their was an ad on TV for the Simpsons hit & run & homer was in his devil costume & it looked like it was Xbox exclusive me & my sister begged my dad for it & we got it for Christmas (Phil Spencer says exclusives don't sell consoles but they definitely do)

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
yes. i was aware of this. from Nerdogaf:

I said that this could happen to WoW,CoD, and Overwatch under MS. What is "this"? :

the mismanagement of IP and incompetence at game Development (as a publisher)

3. You equate the current state of Halo due to 'lost in Interest" and because 343 was a poorly build studio....

and i ask (rhetorically)...Is Halo infinite 343's first halo game ever?

point is: Halo current state is due to the systematic mismanagement and incompetence of previous games which damaged the Halo IP.

4. I said MS/Xbox's track record (mismanagement and incompetence of Released games)

and for some reason, you try to 🏃🏻🥅🏃🏻

"Most of the studios have released games. Nothing stopped them"

i am not talking about the games that have not released.

"Microsoft doesn't step into their development cycles".

MS is the publisher. if a game has poor development...is on them to step in. (your point shouldn't be something that excuses MS)

Fable: they mishandled the IP making games that didn't talk to the core audience. Now. point a 📌 in fable legends.

Crackdown: The first one is still considered as the best one....think about that. and 3, was a shitshow in term of development and as a final product.

Gears: Complete stagnation of a franchise that has lost his luster.

Project Dark: They bought the developer and IP of a previously highly regarded game by the critics (90+Meta) and made a lesser sequel.

Banjo-Kazooie: Pretty much the same as PD. A worse iteration under MS. in both instances sending the IPs to the shadow realm.

Alan Wake > Quantum Break: A dev that takes way too much time to make games a yet under MS they didnt improve at all QB had a worse reception than AW. And Funny enough, Control took less time to develop and got a higher MC score..and it had a better word of mouth.

Redfall: 📌 This is where the lessons learned from Fable Legends should have come into play. A single-player studio Pivoting to a multiplayer game (lionhead) ending in complete disaster. MS showed that they didn't learn from that mistake to help Arcane/Bethesda.

and of course Halo. wich is well documented why they failed....MS policies being a big factor.

So. yeah....the odds of MS fucking those Acti-Blizz IPs up, are quite high because once a mergerer of this scale (and as you can look up) is followed by layoffs, people leaving, culture clash, power vaccums etc.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
yes. i was aware of this. from Nerdogaf:

I said that this could happen to WoW,CoD, and Overwatch under MS. What is "this"? :

the mismanagement of IP and incompetence at game Development (as a publisher)

3. You equate the current state of Halo due to 'lost in Interest" and because 343 was a poorly build studio....

and i ask (rhetorically)...Is Halo infinite 343's first halo game ever?

point is: Halo current state is due to the systematic mismanagement and incompetence of previous games which damaged the Halo IP.

4. I said MS/Xbox's track record (mismanagement and incompetence of Released games)

and for some reason, you try to 🏃🏻🥅🏃🏻

"Most of the studios have released games. Nothing stopped them"

i am not talking about the games that have not released.

"Microsoft doesn't step into their development cycles".

MS is the publisher. if a game has poor development...is on them to step in. (your point shouldn't be something that excuses MS)

Fable: they mishandled the IP making games that didn't talk to the core audience. Now. point a 📌 in fable legends.

Crackdown: The first one is still considered as the best one....think about that. and 3, was a shitshow in term of development and as a final product.

Gears: Complete stagnation of a franchise that has lost his luster.

Project Dark: They bought the developer and IP of a previously highly regarded game by the critics (90+Meta) and made a lesser sequel.

Banjo-Kazooie: Pretty much the same as PD. A worse iteration under MS. in both instances sending the IPs to the shadow realm.

Alan Wake > Quantum Break: A dev that takes way too much time to make games a yet under MS they didnt improve at all QB had a worse reception than AW. And Funny enough, Control took less time to develop and got a higher MC score..and it had a better word of mouth.

Redfall: 📌This is where the lessons learned from Fable Legends should have come into play. A single-player studio Pivoting to a multiplayer game (lionhead) ending in complete disaster. MS showed that they didn't learn from that mistake to help Arcane/Bethesda.

and of course Halo. wich is well documented why they failed....MS policies being a big factor.

So. yeah....the odds of MS fucking those Acti-Blizz IPs up, are quite high because once a mergerer of this scale (and as you can look up) is followed by layoffs, people leaving, culture clash, power vaccums etc.
Are you talking to yourself

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
They will inevitably run COD into the ground. Sony has to be working on a COD competitor at this point, hopefully.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Uh that's fully uncensored right.

Oh no what have you done, these people has been exposed to big tits uncensored, they gonna livid.

Wait this is not purple Reeee.
If youve not watched it then watch it it's the best show I've ever seen it's called the boys & the Asian chick in it is in the dead space clone game