the definition of State Of Play has been altered on PlayStation's website

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
used to say "from third party partners, indies, PlayStation Studios and etc", now it says "from the world of PlayStation"

this may be an indication Showcases will no longer exist, everything will be State Of Play moving forward
TtHdbI5.png

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
after this dogshit showcase, they better end showcases for good and keep State Of Plays, at least people don't get high expectations.

Reactions: toadsage44

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Playstation will move to blogpost announcements only soon lol.

I do wish they bring back PSexperience in some way. Regional fan shows, evo, competitions, developer talks and fanfare etc. Doesnt have to be announcements

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
used to say "from third party partners, indies, PlayStation Studios and etc", now it says "from the world of PlayStation"

this may be an indication Showcases will no longer exist, everything will be State Of Play moving forward
TtHdbI5.png

Kinda sounds like blurring the lines of PS state of play & just PS. Might be signs of this state of playing having many day n date PC & even Nintendo. Looks like there’s less focus on PS console & just the PS brand

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024

I do wish they bring back PSexperience in some way. Regional fan shows, evo, competitions, developer talks and fanfare etc. Doesnt have to be announcements
PS Experience will never come back they would go all out u remember the set thing they did for last of us 2 GOT GOW and i cant remeber the 3rd one they went all out for that shit and what happen... people bitched and bitched and even people at the end bitched they had to stand for last of us 2 part... sooo yeah im all for SONY CANNING ALL THESE SHOWS. Why spend money when ur just gonna get people who bitch after they went all out that last time it make sense and i understand

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
after this dogshit showcase, they better end showcases for good and keep State Of Plays, at least people don't get high expectations.
This showcase was pure garbage lmao, the state of play they had in January this year was 100x better

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS Experience will never come back they would go all out u remember the set thing they did for last of us 2 GOT GOW and i cant remeber the 3rd one they went all out for that shit and what happen... people bitched and bitched and even people at the end bitched they had to stand for last of us 2 part... sooo yeah im all for SONY CANNING ALL THESE SHOWS. Why spend money when ur just gonna get people who bitch after they went all out that last time it make sense and i understand

The set thing was there excuse for not being at E3 properly and only showed there 4 games. GOT, Spiderman, Death Stranding and TLOU2.
It had nothing to do with fan shows or e3. That was the first show that wasnt there usual e3 type show.

24 Jun 2022

You have to care about your core fans beyond them being piggy banks first 😉

Congratulations conflating a minority of dumb people, Xbox fanboys and agenda-driven Western games media as representative of the actual PlayStation community.

Well, at this point they might as well be. But that was definitely not the case back in 2019. Still tho, congrats for falling for the FUD.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
This is why people should just wait instead of overreacting over the Jeff Grub rumor. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony drops Showcases completely. Last years Showcase was garbage. The last two State of Plays were much better and the May edition even had a first party reveal with Astrobot.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nah, they just shortened the sentence and made it easier to understand, because many people, even in gaming forums, doesn't know what exactly "third party", "indies", "PlayStation Studios" means.