The Division 3 to be set in Chicago?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Source is supposed to be a recently laid off dev who has been working on the game

wRWLM9l.jpg

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not sure if bullshit. Sounds like a fanfic, and that youtube account has under 500 subs so I wouldn't say it's credible. It may be text generated with AI, just like the voice and images used for the video.

Yes, they are working on The Division 3, as Ubisoft did announce. But other than this, I'd take everything else with a grain of salt.

And well, I know shooters sell more in USA, but I'd use a non-US city for The Division 3. I'd use some European (not London or Paris) or Asian city.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Not sure if bullshit. Sounds like a fanfic, and that youtube account has under 500 subs so I wouldn't say it's credible. It may be text generated with AI, just like the voice and images used for the video.

Yes, they are working on The Division 3, as Ubisoft did announce. But other than this, I'd take everything else with a grain of salt.

And well, I know shooters sell more in USA, but I'd use a non-US city for The Division 3. I'd use some European (not London or Paris) or Asian city.

Or Even a Brazilian City would be awesome, imagine a division game in Rio

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
True, it would be cool. But not sure if it would cause another diplomatic incident as happened with Bolivia.

Every Brazilian I met here in Sydney would love for a game or movie to be set in their country even if the favelas.

It doesnt even need to be the favelas brazil has the Amazon and cities within it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Every Brazilian I met here in Sydney would love for a game or movie to be set in their country even if the favelas.

It doesnt even need to be the favelas brazil has the Amazon and cities within it.
Of course, Brazil is beautiful and huge and you are right. Shit part of it should take place in the Amazon.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I know. Here in Barcelona happened the same with a crappy game set here in Barcelona, Vin Diesel's Wheelman. Local players were happy and laughed with the game, loved to have another game set here, but the stupid major/city hall filled a formal complaint. We were lucky that the devs just ignored them.

In recent times things changed. Another foreigner game was set in our city, Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator. Made by an unknown foreigner indie dev studio, got very popular here before release because it was very accurate. The regional government approached them to help them localize it to or small local language, something many local people asked for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I know. Here in Barcelona happened the same with a crappy game set here in Barcelona, Vin Diesel's Wheelman. Local players were happy and laughed with the game, loved to have another game set here, but the stupid major/city hall filled a formal complaint. We were lucky that the devs just ignored them.

In recent times things change. Another game was set in our city, Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator made by an unknown foreigner indie dev studio. But got popular here before release because it was very accurate. The regional government approached them to help them localize it to or small local language, something many people asked for.

True.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

In recent times things changed. Another foreigner game was set in our city, Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator. Made by an unknown foreigner indie dev studio, got very popular here before release because it was very accurate. The regional government approached them to help them localize it to or small local language, something many local people asked for.

Im starting to see why games are only set in Chicago,NYC,Miami and LA

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Division 1 was a gd time, sadly didn't get into the sequel.
Same here, loved the first one and I got the 2nd basically free at launch, but not sure why I only played like maybe an hourr or two. Maybe it was released at the same time than other game I wanted to play, left it there and never played it again.