The Elder Scrolls VI seems to be taking place in Hammerfell, as Bethesda employee concepts leak

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
elder-scrolls-6-hammerfell.jpg

Source

The next destination for the Elder Scrolls looks like it’s been uncovered, and a Bethesda employee’s concept board on Pinterest seems to be the source. Those familiar with Tamriel will recognise the setting as Hammerfell, but those interested instead by spice and desert power will see Arrakis.

The account seemingly belonged to a Bethesda employee, possibly working on The Elder Scrolls 6. However, after the account was found by users on the r/TESVI subreddit, it was locked and taken offline. Luckily, screenshots exist showcasing what we could be seeing for Skyrim’s sequel – however many years away from release it really is.

elder-scrolls-6-concepts.jpg

Above are a few of the included image concepts. Interestingly, the middle photo is of an outfit from The Mummy, starring Brendan Fraser. One of the best movies of all time. It was the outfit worn by Ardeth Bay, who played Oded Fehr.
It’s impossible to see similarities between Dune and these possible Hammerfell concepts. I’m not suggesting that TES:VI will feature humans transforming into sandworms, but rather that they’re both themselves inspired by Bedouin culture.

With Assassin’s Creed Mirage taking the action to Baghdad, it’s very refreshing to see fantasy RPGs putting more of a focus on other cultures. I am not the only who asserts that the Euro-centric feudalism archetype has already been done to death now.

Via Bethesda.
“Even now, returning to Tamriel and playing early builds [of The Elder Scrolls VI] has us filled with the same joy, excitement, and promise of adventure.” Not too long ago, Bethesda confirmed that TES:VI is in a playable state, confirming that it’s probably not as far off as we think. Hammerfell has long been rumoured to be its setting, and though this Bethesda employee’s mood-board does little to confirm that, it certainly gives us hope.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This is gonna be sooooooo good ngl, perfect setting for TES. I feel like this is the one IP they can’t fumble

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Probably 2030 at this point.. Phil said in the FTC trial it will take at least 5+ year that's almost 20 years (!!) from Skyrim.
Might be longer especially if they build a much needed new engine. Creation Engine 2 and the game design in SF felt so outdated like a 2010's game.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I was hoping for Elswhere (also, a really easy one to do as opposed to "coding poetry" like Sommerset or Black Marsh would have been) but I guess Hammerfell is okay. Though its still disappointing to be going back somewhere for the first time.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Elder scrolls 6 is a cultural event. Coming 2029.
From 2011 ( the last year an elder scroll game is out) to sometimes around early 2030 when this game is out many people have passed away....including some fans of the elder scroll series...

Not sure if the hype still there, or at least as big as it used to be...

By that time around 2030ish when the game is out it will be Gen Z and Gen Alpha who lead the game market and many of them probably never heard or played an elder scroll game in their life

Hard to predict if its gona be a cultural event if many of them are not familiar with the franchise

Last edited:

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
From 2011 ( the last year an elder scroll game is out) to sometimes around early 2030 when this game is out many people have passed away....including some fans of the elder scroll series...

Not sure if the hype still there, or at least as big as it used to be...

By that time around 2030ish when the game is out it will be Gen Z and Gen Alpha who lead the game market and many of them probably never heard or played an elder scroll game in their life

Hard to predict if its gona be a cultural event if many of them are not familiar with the franchise
im gen z and i love the elder scrolls. A lot of gen z people do. When elder scrolls 6 comes out gen z members will still be in their teens and 20s. Also Elder Scrolls 6 will draw in new fans old and young. The hype is 100 percent still there. People still play and mod the shit out of skyrim 13 years later. Elder Scrolls 6 is a massive game. People are hungry for the next elder scrolls.

Reactions: Airbus

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I would have to be blown away by combat. Otherwise I’d be more interested in the next Fallout game.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
A new Elder Scrolls inspired by Bedouin and Berber cultures would be awesome, but for the cities they'd probably need to go with arabic architecture.

Damn how I wish they'd skipped Starfield right now.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
im gen z and i love the elder scrolls. A lot of gen z people do. When elder scrolls 6 comes out gen z members will still be in their teens and 20s. Also Elder Scrolls 6 will draw in new fans old and young. The hype is 100 percent still there. People still play and mod the shit out of skyrim 13 years later. Elder Scrolls 6 is a massive game. People are hungry for the next elder scrolls.
Me too

I also want to play this game so bad

But

The game seems to be far away

They havent release any new trailer since 2018

Last edited:

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Nope , nada, never after Slopfield not buying their shit ever again.
I don't blame you but the biggest problem with Starfield was the constant loading screens between locations and not being able to just travel from point a to point b without interruption. Elder Scrolls not taking place in space or on barren largely uninhabited planets should avoid this issue

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke