The Escapist is collapsing

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The Escapist is ZP. I'm betting that they kept him and he stays.

Edit: And I am wrong. Yahzee resigned today, presumably to continue working with the others.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
The gaming community is very accepting of spin-off media brands. They’ll be fine. The Escapist fumbled their video game coverage by thinking they were bigger than that. Only in recent years did they up the emphasis on vg content but it was too late. The site fell out of the public consciousness.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Bad for these that used to visit the site.
I was not a fan.

Good luck for the team that left… hope they find or build a new and happy home.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The gaming community is very accepting of spin-off media brands. They’ll be fine. The Escapist fumbled their video game coverage by thinking they were bigger than that. Only in recent years did they up the emphasis on vg content but it was too late. The site fell out of the public consciousness.

I always felt it was a relic of the 360 age and aligned very much with Xbox. Even leaning on that nostalgia quite a bit.

I never visited the site. Maybe I am wrong... would like to hear what others think of them.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I always felt it was a relic of the 360 age and aligned very much with Xbox. Even leaning on that nostalgia quite a bit.

I never visited the site. Maybe I am wrong... would like to hear what others think of them.
Never detected any console bias from them, but then I only really followed Yahzee's stuff and one or two non-gaming things. Even that I stopped after the Hogwarts review.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Never detected any console bias from them, but then I only really followed Yahzee's stuff and one or two non-gaming things. Even that I stopped after the Hogwarts review.

Well, I kinda regret not stopping by and giving them a view now and then so...