The FINAL FANTASY I-VI COLLECTION ANNIVERSARY EDITION will launch for PS4 and Nintendo Switch on October 8, 2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FFpixelremaster_anniversary-dcmq93366.jpg

Square Enix will release Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Collection—which includes the Pixel Remaster versions of Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy VI—as a wide retail release for PlayStation 4 and Switch on October 8 in North America and Europe, the company announced. It will be available via Square Enix Store and retailers for $74.99.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I already bought this for Switch when it came out last year, had to import it through PlayAsia and it was still cheaper than what SE is charging 😂

But it's good that it's finally getting a PS4 physical, they promised one at first and then randomly cancelled it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
i just dont get why they dont have a order period for the physical and no refunds? There was obviously demand for this and the initial wave sold out instantly.

Also second release on existing platforms and no xbox release lol.
For all the physical is dead talk, apparently brings more revenue and profit than a new platform of players does

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Released for the second time on PS4/Switch and still no Xbox port😂
I didn't even notice 😂😂 good and hopefully they never go to Xbox

i just dont get why they dont have a order period for the physical and no refunds? There was obviously demand for this and the initial wave sold out instantly.

Also second release on existing platforms and no xbox release lol.
For all the physical is dead talk, apparently brings more revenue and profit than a new platform of players does
This has been available for purchase consistently on PlayAsia since release

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If it allowed me to enter my address and credit card number and it gave me a confirmation code, does that mean my preorder was successful? Dumb question but IDK how this stuff works preordering limited quantities.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Was confused as I already got it the first time through their store. Nice to see more people will have the chance to get it physically!

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If it allowed me to enter my address and credit card number and it gave me a confirmation code, does that mean my preorder was successful? Dumb question but IDK how this stuff works preordering limited quantities.
You can send the info for me to check...

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Edit: Nevermind... It's a re-release of the previous (digital) only version.
Now, if only Square Enix will do the same with Octopath Traveler 1, Mana Collection (PS4), Live a Live, etc...

Also:

@Dabaus
Yes, it's just like you are doing a regular purchase. Some retailers will charge you right away, some will not charge you until they actually ship it out.
In the case of Square Enix's Store, they NOW charge you as soon as you place the order. Keep the receipt handy, in case something happens (keep a PDF file or screenshot of it).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There never was a PS5 version. The games don't need a PS5 version.
While I agree it doesn’t need.
It should be a great incentive to buy.

How PS5 deal with BC is different from PS5 games… performance and better graphics are not the only upgrade PS5 games have over PS5 BC.