The Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series launches on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on April 18

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

What can you expect from the console version?​

The PS4 and Switch versions of these games have some awesome features that make them even more enjoyable to play than before.

These include the option to:

• Change soundtracks: The Pixel Remaster series features utterly superb new orchestral arrangements of FINAL FANTASY I - VI’s soundtracks. However, we know some of you may want to recreate the original experience of playing these games, so you’ll be able to switch between the original and rearranged soundtracks.
  • Change fonts: The console release of FINAL FANTASY I - VI gives you the option to switch between two different fonts: the default font and a new pixel-based font that recreates the feel of the original games.
  • Turn off random encounters: Sometimes you just want to explore in peace, so a feature in the Pixel Remaster games lets you turn off random encounters completely. This means you can roam the world without being harassed by monsters. That also means you won’t get stronger, so be careful how you use it…
  • Adjust experience: Speaking of getting stronger, want to speed things up a little? Boost features let you adjust the experience gained by up to four times. Perfect if you want an easier run through the games.
All these features are, of course, optional, but they mean that players of all types - from those who played the originals to those who have never played a classic FINAL FANTASY game before - can have a great time with these six awesome adventures.

How do you get the FINAL FANTASY Pixel Remaster Series?​

All six games in the FINAL FANTASY pixel remaster series will be available to buy digitally on PS4 and Nintendo Switch. Each title can be bought individually or as a complete series in the FINAL FANTASY I - VI BUNDLE.

The Switch version is available to pre-order now. Purchase the game by May 25, 2023 to receive two themed Wallpapers for each individual game. Buy the complete series in the FINAL FANTASY I-VI BUNDLE to get all 12 themed Wallpapers.

The PS4 version will be available to purchase at a later date. Those of you who buy the games digitally on PlayStation 4 between April 20, 2023 – May 25, 2023 will get a Theme and Avatar for each title purchased. Players who purchase the complete series in the FINAL FANTASY I-VI BUNDLE will receive every Theme and Avatar included with the individual games - a total of six Themes and six Avatars.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • party
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Where's DQ3 2DHD

FFS square get your shit together and talk about the games that matter

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What matters most...are the trophies... how many trophies per game?

Just kidding, they look really good.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What matters most...are the trophies... how many trophies per game?

Just kidding, they look really good.
To be fair to somebody that already played all games decades ago the only way to play again is if they have some substantial changes or trophies 🤷‍♂️

Around 2000 I played all older FF games because I had only played FFVI (my first), FFVII and FFVIII.