The first boss has killed my enthusiasm for AC6.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I genuinely don’t know what this game expects me to do to beat the first boss. I can’t customize my AC yet so this isn’t like getting levels and better equipment in Elden Ring if you struggled with Morgott or Godrick early, I’m literally forced to use the starting load out.

Thr Boss constantly goes out of bounds everytkme i use the sword attack on him, every time i boost up anywhere near him to get a hit in he juat flies away and i get stunned. The best i have done was get him to 50% before i was destroyed.

I loved the Souls games, they may have been hard but they were fair at least. This game is not fair at all, Yea wouldn't be that bad If it didn't spend 80% of the fight out of bounds. Which to me is a fundamental flaw in the encounter

The entire way you are supposed to do this fight is by breaking the stance meter and meleeing the thing while it's down. The problem is that the stance meter resets extremely easily, it has a tendency to dodge erratically which makes missiles miss, and your starter weapon is absolute trash for this fight because the clip is tiny so you're constantly reloading.

You are supposed to use the buildings for cover from the rockets and shoot between volleys, but the thing NEVER stops with its attacks, and when ducking out, you have an exceptionally small window before the stance degrades, and if it degrades it's basically game over for a new player.

It's poor game design to have artificial barriers in a game where mobility is key.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Melee dude. Literally dies in 10 min

You don't need to stagger it. What you have to do is. Once he fire the missiles dash straight to ot and melee

Last edited:

Numero

29 Jul 2023
I genuinely don’t know what this game expects me to do to beat the first boss. I can’t customize my AC yet so this isn’t like getting levels and better equipment in Elden Ring if you struggled with Morgott or Godrick early, I’m literally forced to use the starting load out.

Thr Boss constantly goes out of bounds everytkme i use the sword attack on him, every time i boost up anywhere near him to get a hit in he juat flies away and i get stunned. The best i have done was get him to 50% before i was destroyed.

I loved the Souls games, they may have been hard but they were fair at least. This game is not fair at all, Yea wouldn't be that bad If it didn't spend 80% of the fight out of bounds. Which to me is a fundamental flaw in the encounter

The entire way you are supposed to do this fight is by breaking the stance meter and meleeing the thing while it's down. The problem is that the stance meter resets extremely easily, it has a tendency to dodge erratically which makes missiles miss, and your starter weapon is absolute trash for this fight because the clip is tiny so you're constantly reloading.

You are supposed to use the buildings for cover from the rockets and shoot between volleys, but the thing NEVER stops with its attacks, and when ducking out, you have an exceptionally small window before the stance degrades, and if it degrades it's basically game over for a new player.

It's poor game design to have artificial barriers in a game where mobility is key.
When he fly away cover yourself behind one othe buildings and lure him in. Then just dash and punch. Repeat 5 o 6 times and you're done. It's really easy so I think you are doing something wrong but I can't understand what. Maybe just see some videos online if you are stuck

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
When he fly away cover yourself behind one othe buildings and lure him in. Then just dash and punch. Repeat 5 o 6 times and you're done. It's really easy so I think you are doing something wrong but I can't understand what. Maybe just see some videos online if you are stuck
I got stuck like for a couple hours before o tried melee lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You talking about the boss at the end of chapter one or the very first boss?

The last boss on chapter 1 I struggled with until I went with a complete different build and dual weapons and shoulder weapons and it was smashed within like 2 minutes easy

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Boost + melee for the first boss but the whole game is a struggle with the bosses.

I deleted the game at Sea Spider and sold it back. Fucking hated all the bosses and I had no fun at all anymore.

Chapter 1 boss was a nightmare and then it got worse. I don't need this shit in my life.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

• fire
Reactions: PropellerEar
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Let us know if you get past using the tips here!

I'm going to try again today but looks like all the bosses from here on our are tough for no real reason. I did enjoy the game up until the boss, i dont know what previous AC games are like with bosses.

Reactions: Bryank75

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Stagger with your missle/guns then use sword.

I think the game is much easier than Souls, just abuse the boss weakness with some youtube tutorials.

The best combo for bosses is usually plasma weapons, they just dont know how to deal wit hit for whatever reason.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

Don't use the sword attack on him when he's shielded. Sorry, but you needed to figure that out yourself. If you're using the sword you want to use it after you stagger him, and after he recovers from stagger before he reshields (if you're extremely aggressive you can restagger him with sword before he gets shield back up). You can do 50% damage in one shield cycle. Focus on speed, be aggressive and get close, get under him. The bosses get harder however, if you're struggling here it's unlikely you will be able to finish it. You might just have to move on.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Don't worry, it will get worse.

The game is very linear in upgrades too.

I finds it funny how they managed to make a game that is bad for both casuals players and AC fans.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I'm going to try again today but looks like all the bosses from here on our are tough for no real reason.

Wild guess but they probably made them hard to present a challenge

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Wild guess but they probably made them hard to present a challenge

Soulsborne bosses were tough but fair, i beat the first Bloodborne boss on my first try for example.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Soulsborne bosses were tough but fair, i beat the first Bloodborne boss on my first try for example.

I think I maybe spent 20 minutes on the helicopter boss in this game. Balteus gave me a bit more trouble but I messed around with some AC parts and learned the patterns and boom he goes down like any boss. There's nothing unfair here.

Reactions: Box

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I think I maybe spent 20 minutes on the helicopter boss in this game. Balteus gave me a bit more trouble but I messed around with some AC parts and learned the patterns and boom he goes down like any boss. There's nothing unfair here.
By far the easiest from game. Even that disc looking boss. It's very intimidating at first but once you get in there Is crazy. Love it

Reactions: Nym