The FTC is moving forward with its in-house challenge to Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard deal

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The decision follows a US appeals court’s decision to deny the FTC’s bid to pause the acquisition in July.

As it stands, Microsoft and Activision appear set to complete their $69 billion merger ahead of an October 18 deadline after the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority provisionally approved the deal last week.

According to Bloomberg, the latest development means the FTC can technically continue to challenge the deal even after it closes but it is unlikely to stop it from going through.

The FTC continues to believe this deal is a threat to competition

Said FTC spokesperson Victoria Graham.

She said the FTC is placing the issue on the commission’s calendar, but that “our current focus is on the federal appeal process.”

In response to today’s news, an Activision spokesperson said:

We’re focused on working with Microsoft toward closing. How the FTC uses limited taxpayer dollars is its decision

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
As I expected.

The injunction was never going to be the end of it, even before all that juicy stuff came out in the leaks.

Microsoft is in the position now of internal communications showing clear anticompetitive intent being public knowledge. This could, and honestly should, be a total bloodbath.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
As I expected.

The injunction was never going to be the end of it, even before all that juicy stuff came out in the leaks.

Microsoft is in the position now of internal communications showing clear anticompetitive intent being public knowledge. This could, and honestly should, be a total bloodbath.
Or will it? Dun dun duuuuunnn.

23 Sep 2023
Lots of Xbots on the youtubes were creaming their jeans at the time when the CMA 'approved' the deal and I told them that this was far from over and that The likelihood of this deal actually happening is small at best. Smaller now with the Xbox leaks of late and the revelations they have brought upon the masses.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Y'all are gonna be disappointed if you have any sort of faith in the FTC. US govt is one of the most corrupt institutions in the world

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
As I expected.

For all of your posts saying the deal was dead, yes, a total bloodbath.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Lots of Xbots on the youtubes were creaming their jeans at the time when the CMA 'approved' the deal and I told them that this was far from over and that The likelihood of this deal actually happening is small at best. Smaller now with the Xbox leaks of late and the revelations they have brought upon the masses.
90% of those idiots thought the injunction hearings WERE the FTC process.

It seems that Xbox has a Special Needs fanbase a lot of the time.