The game awards

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Any predictions for the game awards this year , any announcements you guys are hoping for , I'm really hoping we hear about bioshock 4 it's been so long since it was confirmed to be in development

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
-Final Fantasy 16 or Baldur's Gate will win GOTY
-Baldur's Gate wins best role playing game
-FF16 wins best soundtrack, I could also see them giving it to HiFi Rush but it used mostly licensed music while FF16 was all original.
-TLOU HBO Show wins best adaptation
-FF16 wins best Action/Adventure game or Action game
-Sea of Stars wins best Indie
-We finally get at least 1 Sony AAA single player game reveal
-Death Stranding 2 release date
-I hope Starfield doesn't get a GOTY nomination (it really doesn't deserve it). But I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a pity nomination.

I wonder who will win best fighter between Mortal Kombat 1 and Street Fighter 6, it could go either way.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
-Final Fantasy 16 or Baldur's Gate will win GOTY
-Baldur's Gate wins best role playing game
-FF16 wins best soundtrack, I could also see them giving it to HiFi Rush but it used mostly licensed music while FF16 was all original.
-TLOU HBO Show wins best adaptation
-FF16 wins best Action/Adventure game or Action game
-Sea of Stars wins best Indie
-We finally get at least 1 Sony AAA single player game reveal
-Death Stranding 2 release date
-I hope Starfield doesn't get a GOTY nomination (it really doesn't deserve it). But I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a pity nomination.

I wonder who will win best fighter between Mortal Kombat 1 and Street Fighter 6, it could go either way.
Zero chance that FF 16 wins GOTY. GOTY will either go to TOTK or BG3.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Considering they keep throwing a marketing ad all over youtube taughting it as a "masterpiece" it'll be up there unfortunately.
Street Fighter 6 will more then likely win best fighter of the year. Mortal Kombat 1 was good just not too drastically different then MK 11. Street Fighter had that create a Fighter mode which helped boost its number on top of that being a fun tutorial to learn the legacy characters fighting styles.

"FF16 has more of a chance than TOTK"
Unfortunately it doesn't the game awards normally go by most played mixed with ratings. It may be up there for a nomination but it won't win.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Zero chance that FF 16 wins GOTY. GOTY will either go to TOTK or BG3.

Yup, FF16 has no fucking shot. It’s def between Zelda and BG3. BG3 has a decent shot but Zelda has the polish and giant fanbase to edge it out. I expect Phantom Liberty to get some kind of love over Starfield as well.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs
24 Jun 2022
I'll probably be skipping it and then catch trailers for the games I like afterwards. Also, hope this year is the year people realize there are other GOTY awards besides the one the TGAs give out.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I'll probably be skipping it and then catch trailers for the games I like afterwards. Also, hope this year is the year people realize there are other GOTY awards besides the one the TGAs give out.

Does anyone take them seriously? It’s like the mtv movie awards show (does that still exist?).

I enjoy the TGAs but I figured we all tune in because of the trailers and previews in lieu of E3 being dead and not so much the awards at all. Like… I already know that’s where to expect the next Destiny Final Shape trailer and when to expect the next look at Marathon (guaranteed to be tgas). It’s a yearly thing at this point.

The rabbi troll from last year had me rollin tho. Hope to see more

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
no chance Starfield is among other games in GOTY list unless it is massive corruption.

ToTK, BG3 will be no brainer, 3 other left positions are for SF6, Diablo 4, Resident Evil 4, Sea of Stars, Dead Space, FF16, Armored Core 6.
smaller games is Rogue Legacy 2, Moss : Book II, Hi-Fi Rush.

and year isn't finished as Spider Man 2 will easily overpass Starfield. We have AC Mirage which was praised and multiple other games.

OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Does anyone take them seriously? It’s like the mtv movie awards show (does that still exist?).

I enjoy the TGAs but I figured we all tune in because of the trailers and previews in lieu of E3 being dead and not so much the awards at all. Like… I already know that’s where to expect the next Destiny Final Shape trailer and when to expect the next look at Marathon (guaranteed to be tgas). It’s a yearly thing at this point.

The rabbi troll from last year had me rollin tho. Hope to see more
I won't watch it because it's usually a bunch of shite with loads of advertisements some pandering to one group or another & then the actual awards which I don't give a shit about because I already know what games I liked & don't need them to receive awards to affirm that I thought they were good if anything I'm interested in does get announced (fingers crossed for bioshock 4) I'll read about the next day & then watch the trailer on YouTube

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Since the MGS collection will be out by then it would be sweet timing to show more of the MGS3 remake.

But given Geoff and Kojima’s bromance that probably won’t happen!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic