The iPhone 15 Pro Version of Resident Evil Village Runs at 30FPS

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
imagick_convert.php

The fact that Resident Evil Village, a game released a little over two years ago, is running natively on a smartphone and is not a cloud version or a watered-down version of the game is nothing short of impressive. While we did not get confirmation on the resolution, the textures and visual fidelity looked impressive.

Alongside confirmation of 30FPS, we also learned Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Death Stranding, and Assassin's Creed Mirage are universal purchases. If you buy the iPhone 15 Pro version of these games, you can also run them on iPads, and in the case of Resident Evil Village and Death Stranding, you can run them on Macs. But there is a caveat: the iOS versions, which are exclusive to the iPhone 15 Pro, only run on iPads/Macs that have Apple Silicon (e.g., M1 chip or newer).

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

iPhone 15 PRORESIDENT EVIL 4

Resident Evil Village on iPhone 15 Pro Runs at 30FPS​

Also universal purchase if you own it on Mac and want to play on the iPhone 15 Pro.​

In recent years, Apple has shifted more and more focus to adding gaming-centric features to its hardware, mostly on Mac computers. The Apple Wonderlust Event confirmed the iPhone 15 Pro is joining in, with the next Apple flagship smartphone set to receive native versions of AAA games including Resident Evil Village, Assassin's Creed Mirage, and more in the coming months.

In an off-hand demo attended by IGN, Resident Evil Village ran natively on the iPhone 15 Pro at a stable 30 frames per second. The fact that Resident Evil Village, a game released a little over two years ago, is running natively on a smartphone and is not a cloud version or a watered-down version of the game is nothing short of impressive. While we did not get confirmation on the resolution, the textures and visual fidelity looked impressive.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

iPhone 15 PRORESIDENT EVIL 4

Resident Evil Village on iPhone 15 Pro Runs at 30FPS​

Also universal purchase if you own it on Mac and want to play on the iPhone 15 Pro.​

In recent years, Apple has shifted more and more focus to adding gaming-centric features to its hardware, mostly on Mac computers. The Apple Wonderlust Event confirmed the iPhone 15 Pro is joining in, with the next Apple flagship smartphone set to receive native versions of AAA games including Resident Evil Village, Assassin's Creed Mirage, and more in the coming months.

In an off-hand demo attended by IGN, Resident Evil Village ran natively on the iPhone 15 Pro at a stable 30 frames per second. The fact that Resident Evil Village, a game released a little over two years ago, is running natively on a smartphone and is not a cloud version or a watered-down version of the game is nothing short of impressive. While we did not get confirmation on the resolution, the textures and visual fidelity looked impressive.
The universal license and Game Center integration make this sound really good to me.

For those unaware, Game Center-integrated games have automatic cross-save and achievement tracking across the Apple ecosystem. For example, my playthrough of Fantasian has seen me play the game on Apple TV using a Dual Shock 4, my MacBook Pro, my iPad using a SteelSeries Nimbus, and my phone when I was in a waiting room for an hour, and every session let me pick up where the last one left off. Syncing is automatically done in the background.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The universal license and Game Center integration make this sound really good to me.

For those unaware, Game Center-integrated games have automatic cross-save and achievement tracking across the Apple ecosystem. For example, my playthrough of Fantasian has seen me play the game on Apple TV using a Dual Shock 4, my MacBook Pro, my iPad using a SteelSeries Nimbus, and my phone when I was in a waiting room for an hour, and every session let me pick up where the last one left off. Syncing is automatically done in the background.
Thts dope!

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
If it's 30FPS sustained on a smartphone then it's not bad at all for Resident Evil 8 graphics.
There's a huge difference between what these devices can do on a GFXBenchmark run from cold to a game that people can play for hours.

Keep in mind that the iPhone 15 screens are 4K resolution.
It's not even as many pixels as 1440p 2K resolution, but the game is obviously not rendering at native resolution. At most it's running at 720p but it could be lower than that (and rightly so).

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Iphone 15 pro screens are 2556x1179 px which is 36% of 4k, 80% of 1440p and 145% of 1080p. To be able to get a modern AAA game to run 30fps in a mobile form factor at that resolution is very impressive.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I can see why MS would be very worried about this, they're the most generic of the 3 console platform holders, so they can be swapped for another player quite easily.

Nobody would notice the swap, unless Apple started making games or meaningful third party deals to standout... then they would definitely go after Sony/Nintendo.

I think Sony are second in line, if Apple is a threat at all to them, mainly because they rely more on third party platform revenue than Nintendo ever did.

So good riddance of Xbox, but dealing with Apple loyalists is going to be something else.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: historia and Banana