The Last of Us Multiplayer may be a cross-gen title

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Take as you will but as big as cross gen has been (and as maby ps4 players there are) wouldnt surprise me at all.

DewPoint

17 Jul 2022
This game was being developed alongside The Last of Us Part 2. Of course of it being on the PS4 would make sense, especially for a multiplayer game.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Ugh PlayStation need to get away from this idea that they need to be in more places.....

Cut the PS4 and also PC, people buy consoles knowing that the last one will be obsolete, the generation has lagged enough already.... don't need to cater to last gen and low grade PC's and a wide variety of GPU's and other setups..

Make the most of a closed platform.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
At this point, if I were vastly richer, I'd be GPD Win4'ing my PS5 on Remote Play from the bus, shooting fools on PS4 TLOU:R Factions Multiplayer.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I am really wondering how many of those 12 gaas games are Ps5 or next gen only. They have been really quiet on telling us anything about their gaas games

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Uh, this just kills the hype for me. Awful news if true. PS4 will hold it back

Is rather it be PS5 And if they need to reach others, PC even. Fucking leave PS4 behind now

Pretty sure 1st party has another cross gen game too….

Cant think of another time where PS made a cross gen 1st party game 3 years after release. Especially for a major game.
We believe in Generations quote is becoming embarrassing now.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It uses TLOUII engine that is indeed PS4 based.
ND didn’t show any PS5 engine/game yet… TLOU Part I uses TLOUII engine.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Ugh PlayStation need to get away from this idea that they need to be in more places.....

Cut the PS4 and also PC, people buy consoles knowing that the last one will be obsolete, the generation has lagged enough already.... don't need to cater to last gen and low grade PC's and a wide variety of GPU's and other setups..

Make the most of a closed platform.
Bryan, last I checked, both PS4 AND PS5 are closed platforms.

This is an online game. It will live or die by player count. Limit it to one platform out of a possible three, and you’re cutting 2/3 of your possible player base.

In spite of your insecurities about Sony making games for more than one platform, this is a case where it is the smartest possible move.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Would be disappointed but not surprised, it is what it is at this point.

No reason not to trust naughty dog either way

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

This is an online game. It will live or die by player count. Limit it to one platform out of a possible three, and you’re cutting 2/3 of your possible player base.

In spite of your insecurities about Sony making games for more than one platform, this is a case where it is the smartest possible move.
I’m betting it’s going to pc too and it really should imo

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I'm mostly fine with the online games being on PC too but I don't want things held back at all.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This game will be big for few weeks then people will go back to fortnite and warzone.
Doubt that very much. It may not have been as big as fortnite or Warzone but factions has had a strong following for many years, till this day you can find a game easily, shit even UC4 mp is still alive and going. All Sony first parties are seeing tremendous sales boosts e.g. God of War and if done right this can be a monster for PS. I see this game having longevity whether it's ftp or not.

We shall see.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I was hoping to not be on ps4 but it was originally supposed to release on it.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Well it's a QA Tester role doesn't mean much, I'm sure even if it was just QA on PS5 they'd be open to QA experience on PS4

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I’m betting it’s going to pc too and it really should imo
GaaS games will definitely come out day and date on PC alongside console.

And plenty of rotten apples out there will use the opportunity to spread propaganda the moment the announcement confirms this.

Reactions: Swift_Star

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wouldn't be surprised, in fact I'm expecting it. I'll be pleased if it's current gen only.