The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered on PC has been ready for at least seven months, it’s claimed

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
the-last-of-us-2-remastered-1024x576.jpg
Dealabs user Billbil-kun, who has a long track record of reliably leaking game announcements and other information, says they believe the game has been finshed for some time.

According to the insider’s sources, development on the PC version started at least as far back as 2021.

“What’s more, and this is the most important piece of information in this article, we believe that the game’s development is well and truly complete, dating back to at least November 2023,” they added.

• sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
One would think this port will launch in a much better state than Part I. But you never know with PlayStation.
I also found it profoundly funny that one of your potentially better selling port(that has sequel potential) would be botched by SIE. One bullet, two feet type of situation here. Depressed sales of Part I will also lead to depressed sales for Part II.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Let's hope this time Iron Galaxy takes enough time to make sure it's polished enough, plus maybe gets some help from Nixxes, and doesn't get a rushed release as the other one had.

When are we going to get leaks about their first new game for Ps5? All we hear about is mostly pc ports
They released Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection, TLOU Part 1 remake, TLOU 2 remaster for PS5. We heard about TLOU Online but it got cancelled.

We heard that they have multiple SP games under development, and apparently the oldest one started around early 2021. AAA games nowadays take 5-9 years to be made and Sony doesn't show the games until pretty close to release, which means we're pretty likely minimum 1-2 years away from seeing it.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Let's get this one out of the way to focus on more interesting games, like ports from the PS3. Those would add value to PS5 owners as well.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I doubt it but that is me.

The Last of Us II Remastered that is the version that PC will be based was released 4 months ago.
That gives them at max 4 months to be working on the PC version.
So there is no way they have the PC already ready 7 months ago.

The port for PC started at early around TLOU2 Remastered launch.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I doubt it but that is me.

The Last of Us II Remastered that is the version that PC will be based was released 4 months ago.
That gives them at max 4 months to be working on the PC version.
So there is no way they have the PC already ready 7 months ago.

The port for PC started at early around TLOU2 Remastered launch.
Or maybe it’s the opposite? 😂 the ps5 “remaster” is just stuff brought over from work they did on the PC port. They still never brought the Days Gone PC enhancements to PS5 🤷‍♂️

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Or maybe it’s the opposite? 😂 the ps5 “remaster” is just stuff brought over from work they did on the PC port. They still never brought the Days Gone PC enhancements to PS5 🤷‍♂️
If that how they did it then TLOU1 on PS5 should had all issues (or even more for being a port) that TLOU1 had on PC that come 6 month late.
It was clear which was made first and after ported.

TLOU2 Remastered on PS5 is very polished and focused PS5 experience... it doesn't seems like a port from a PC version.
I believe they are still fixing and porting it right while we talk.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
If that how they did it then TLOU1 on PS5 should had all issues that TLOU1 had on PC that come 6 month late.
It was clear which was made first and after ported.

TLOU2 Remastered is very polished experience.
I can't say if TLOU2 PC will be the same but I believe they are still fixing and porting it right while we talk.
False equivalency. Tlou1 is a brand new game, TLOU2 is just a patch from an already existing game.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It even has the same original PS3 glitches lol
Cat What GIF by truth

I played the original, remastered, and remake probably a cumulative 10 or more times, and I don't see the same original glitches?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Cat What GIF by truth

I played the original, remastered, and remake probably a cumulative 10 or more times, and I don't see the same original glitches?
Of course you didn’t see… you will die before you admit it.
Audio bug is there... PS3, PS4 Remaster, PS5 ReRemaster...
And it is not the only one... a of others bugs are there yet since PS3.
The game was not remake from the ground like Sony said.

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
One would think this port will launch in a much better state than Part I. But you never know with PlayStation.
I also found it profoundly funny that one of your potentially better selling port(that has sequel potential) would be botched by SIE. One bullet, two feet type of situation here. Depressed sales of Part I will also lead to depressed sales for Part II.

I'd push back against this. I'm assuming that Iron Galaxy didn't work on this port and hence, there's much more reason to be optimistic that it's a good port job. They're clearly waiting to release it in line with the shows second season.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
SMART.

Delaying for TLOU Season 2 for the big bucks instead of just releasing a port.