The lead producer for Destiny 2's live service elements recently joined Naughty Dog( Factions 2 is probably not canceled)

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
3 years for a multi-player mode and they still have nothing to show?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Sony leadership: "you know what Bluepoint, scratch those ICO and BLoodborne remakes you were working on. Lets remake Destiny 1 instead'
they have 2 project, one is a remake. 99% is Bloodborne. The other one is a small scale game.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Oh ffs.

They have so much base material they can work with already from Factions 1 and leaked Factions 2 MP mode testing. Give me a homebase NPC who can send me out on classic Factions 4v4 Supply Raid/Survivor/Interrogation lobbies, and then chuck me out into a state of Decay overworld with base/team/resources management, and locations for entering into larger bespoke story missions like Division.

MTX? Plenty between Factions 1's cosmetics, one use boosters, Loadout skills, weapons, armor, befoere new levels with day/night cycles, weapons, alt weapon type skins... they dont need these bungie clowns.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'll stick to my theory that Jim Incompetence and Hermen Fuckup wanted a full live-service game and Naughty Dog wanted a TLOU Factions 2. What ended up happening is that the game is not easy to monetise and probably relies too much on storytelling, which is what they are good at.

It's very likely that the project was restarted.

This is a blunder for PS Studios and something that will tarnish Naughty Dog's image, all because that incompetent asshole decided to burn the house before fucking off (being asked to retire).

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Hopefully that's the case, but wouldn't want bluepoint to butcher the art style and music.

Eh probably xdev japan(formerly Japanstudios) will handle both aspects so it would be fine.

Demons souls remake was involved with Japanstudios, same for original Bloodborne.

Not to mention Sony arrange the soundtrack, the only souls game which has actual orchestra recordings and not computer generated like Souls game

I loved the original and loved the remake as well. Idk why people like dunking on it for.. it put the one who carves souls in prison of hope so it must be bad, game atmosphere gone.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Drama
Roller Coaster GIF by Phantasialand

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Also the From used Kanagawa Philharmonic for some of the soundtracks in DS3, and 2 of the soundtracks in The Ringed City.

They went lazy with Elden Ring and Sekiro and the soundtracks quality plummeted. It sucks because BNamco actually put a lot of effort on other franchises OST, they delayed AC7 so that Kobayashi can write the best track in the game.

Reactions: Systemshock2023