The Order 1886 was a visual masterclass - TheRadBrad

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony is so dumb, sent this game to die and didn't recognize they were working with a extremely talented developer struggling with their first console AAA game. The long development cycle of The Order 1886 doesn't even look that long anymore compared to how long modern games are taking to be made and most games still look worse than The Order.

RaD could've easily become another ND/SSM type flagship studio.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony is so dumb, sent this game to die and didn't recognize they were working with a extremely talented developer struggling with their first console AAA game. The long development cycle of The Order 1886 doesn't even look that long anymore compared to how long modern games are taking to be made and most games still look worse than The Order.

If they wanted to port something, this type of stuff is more appropriate and could prove that an IP like this should have another shot IMO

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It was a good visual showcase as a Demo.
But failed to become a game :(
It was unfinished in plot, content, enemies, bosses and world/character development.

Said that they used the same "trick" that Hellblade used to take the graphics over others games.
They free up resources not rendering part of the screen (aka the black bars) and so they can add more effects and IQ quality to what is being rendered.
Instead to drop the resolution and lose IQ... they cut some parts maintaining the same IQ and boosting it with others techs.

The result is indeed great but you need to live with the blackbars unless you can play it in a Ultra widescreen monitor... where you can make the black bars fit outside the screen.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
I remember seeing the Sackboy doll... cute.

I am all for a sequel, because I'm curious where Galahad will go, and if he will meet up with the Indian Princess (??) again.
I was pitching the idea they should go to Canada, since it's still part of the British Empire, and is rarely used as setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Umar

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024

Amen brother. Sony listened to MS shills and journobots who want single player games to fail.
The Order is still one of the best damned looking games around and the ending set up perfectly for a sequel. That the biggest complaint was "the guns and gameplay is so good, we want more" is the best complaint to have.

If Sony had sense, they would have given RaD, a brilliantly talented dev, a second chance. Sony are dumb.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Underrated game, particularly in visuals.
Yup. It was a good game (even considering its flaws) with several top tier class level things like the visuals, the audio and the world building, character design or weapon design.

Reactions: Bryank75

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
One of Sony’s bigges blunders not supporting devs that pushed boundaries, together with Driveclub studio and many small Arthouse studios that defined the PS.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Great game and probably the most polished game of that entire generation. It was clear there were other aspirations but they were limited by budget and time. I think they said they spent 2+ alone building the engine before they even started working on the game.

Sony definitely messed up letting them get away. It was disgusting how they discarded them after years of Western support for the PSP.

Even Naughty Dog had to come out and praise The Order graphically. They could have taken over the Uncharted Series, too.

The media piled on this game and suddenly acted like it was a crime for a game to they were getting for FREE to review to be 6 hours long.

Sony killed a partnership over an obvious coordinated takedown campaign

Reactions: Diah

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This IP was way cooler than anything Sony has going on right now besides Helldivers.

Reactions: Diah