The Pokémon Company is “having conversations” about how to ensure the quality of future games under its frequent release schedule, it’s said.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Pokemon-Scarlet-Violet-sailing-1280x720.jpg

The Pokémon Company is “having conversations” about how to ensure the quality of future games under its frequent release schedule, it’s said.

The Pokémon Company has a long history of publishing new video games often: only seven years in the last 27 have not seen a new mainline release.

In 12 months leading up to Scarlet and Violet’s release last November, three major Switch titles were released (including Legends: Arceus and Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl).

However, the series’ cadence appears to have caused some quality issues during the HD era. At release, 2019’s Sword & Shield was criticised for poor visual quality, while last year’s Scarlet and Violet launched with many technical issues, which Nintendo even apologised for.

Speaking at the Pokemon World Championships in Yokohama, Japan, this weekend, The Pokémon Company COO Takato Utsunomiya was asked by ComicBook.com if there was a specific schedule that the Pokémon brand was beholden to when it came to the release of new Pokémon games.

Reactions: Zzero

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Isn’t Pokemon one of the most richest franchises in all media…

Here a clue to the develpers. Spend some of that money, your not making 3DS games anymore.
They could literally make the biggest deepest games if they want to

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Here a clue to the develpers. Spend some of that money, your not making 3DS games anymore.
the 3ds games were much better

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Deeper might turn the audience off, don't kill the golden goose.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Deeper might turn the audience off, don't kill the golden goose.
Your right. They could at the very least improve graphics, animations, environment etc

I think with so many spin offs they can make a deeper version for some of us lol. I really havent finished a Mainline Pokemon since like Gold and Silver. But Ive always wanted a console quality Pokemon game, well I did growing up

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Pokemon is deep enough rpg wise, they really just need to focus on the technical side and come up with better monster designs

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Pokemon is deep enough rpg wise, they really just need to focus on the technical side and come up with better monster designs
The presentation of systems in Sw/Sh was awful. That game needed a speed up button like hell and I basically refused to grind in the highest level area because I hated shit like the "its snowing" message so much.