The Witcher Producers Promise a Lore Accurate Transition from Henry Cavill to Liam Hemsworth

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
henry-and-liam-header3.jpg

The third season of Netflix’s The Witcher starring Henry cavill, Anya Clalotra and Freya Allan is only three days away and as part of the press junket we are getting more and more interviews. This time executive producers Tomek Baginski and Steve Gaub gave their elaboration to Yahoo on how The Witcher intends to address the big white-haired elephant in the room.During the interview, Baginski spoke about how The Witcher is going to address the recasting of Geralt of Rivia when Season 4 is back on our screens, but it’s a different person we’re looking at.

We have a very, very good plan to introduce our new Geralt and our new vision for Geralt with Liam. Not going deeply into those ideas because this will be a huge spoiler, [but] it’s also very, very close to the meta ideas which are deeply embedded in the books, especially in book five.

Baginski continues:

It’s very lore accurate. It’s very close to what was set out in the books and I think this change will be quite flawless. But at the same time it will be a new Geralt, it will be a new face for this character and I think it will also be very, very exciting to see.

• haha
Reactions: teezzy

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I have no idea why you would even have to write this into the story, lol. Just do the damn recast. The thing lost all credibility as a quality piece of storytelling in Season 1.